1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Good Eateries In Chennai

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by J Ravi, Jun 26, 2012.

1. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Ohh how I forgot to add Mughal Chicken Biriyani from Hotel Rainbow under newly built bridge in Kodambakkam. Everyone should try that.
  2. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I had been through the entire thread and didnt come across any mention of "Little Italy" & "Gangotri"

Little Italy - authentic, yummy Italian cuisine, pure vegetarian though. I read somewhere that Italy is the only country in Europe with many vegetarians, not sure how much is it true.

Gangotri - yummy North Indian chaat items. They even serve the staple food of Amchi Mumbai - "wada-pav" ;)
    1 person likes this.
  3. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. Just forgot both. Have been to both these places. Still slipped my mind.

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  4. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Any idea about good non veg Italian & Thai food??
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thai food....
    MOMO at Prince plaza, Egmore.(first letter of the name of the restaurant is certainly M and not H :) )
    I have dined there thrice, mainly for their salads, the one with papaya and the other with scrambled egg are good.
    They serve 6 or 7 starters, it's a kind of fooling people because all of them taste almost the same, made with the same batter, only the ingredient being different from baby corn to cauliflower.
    But I think the nonveg starters should be good because I have seen people around can't take their mouths of chicken lolly pop and similar stuff.
    Main course is a certain no.
    Dessert section is a different story,truly Thai I believe,good.
    Not bad a buffet for Rs.420.
    I have been to Thailand but the food there is very pungent and the entire country smells which goes off only after the flight lands back in Chennai,not good for vegetarians.
    This restaurant being pseudo Thai isn't a bad attempt.
    2.5 out of 5 stars.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Where do you exactly live, Bala?
    Do you have a second home in Chennai? ;)
    1 person likes this.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Lol, Ramesh.
    I live in Villupuram,but I do have a small flat behind Arumbakam metro station which is rented out.
    Only my body is in this place(running my father's business), soul being in chennai,9 good years of my life being spent there during studies,I really love the place, for all its hangouts,malls,multiplexes and decent eatearies.
    God willing,am going to take an early retirement, live in my flat and just going to oor suthify :)
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    3 people like this.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Kailash,you had asked about Italian restaurants.
    Don't even consider these restaurants in Chennai Italian or even pseudo Italian.
    I've been to Italy and dined in an authentic Italian restaurant in Rome.Its just some plain boiled vegetables,greens and others they call food there. Would have been happy at least if the boiling was complete, that's not the case, it's semi raw.
    Imagine dining non vegetarian food semi raw :(
    It's in a way better we have Indianized Italian,Chinese and Thai restaurants here.
    1 person likes this.
  9. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Just curious.. What business are you into??

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes yes I want Indianized versions only :D Mainland China when opened served more authentic Chinese food. Then they came to know that it wont work here. Now they are serving Indo-Chinese food..Hehehe..
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Hehe, Kailash, Doctor business :)
    2 people like this.