1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Good Eateries In Chennai

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by J Ravi, Jun 26, 2012.

1. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    As Bala said Residency Towers offers good buffet...More than the food I love the European style ambience inside the restaurant... And the most interesting thing is the mid night buffet on weekends from 12am to 3am at just Rs.500. Its one of the few places where you get a buffet after 11pm..

Another place where you get midnight buffet is Hotel Ambika empire at Vadapalani..Rate is Rs.200 & u'll get Biriyani (Veg & Non Veg), Curd Rice, Roti or Chappathi, Cool Drinks
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Tried food at Junior Kuppanna, Chromepet. This is by far the best Non-Veg restaurant I have encountered in Chennai. Awesome taste and quality which reminded me the home town (kongunadu) style food. Tad costly and needs improvement on service but food is awesome. They also have branches at Anna Nagar, T Nagar and Velachery. They also operate in Coimbatore, Salem, Erode and Bengaluru.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
  3. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Could you please give exact location of this restaurant or phone number. I love Malabar Biryani and other than Ente Kerelam, I don't know anywhere else where it is made.

Any idea who the owners are? Malayali Muslims?
  4. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good Pure Vegetarian Hotel - Krishnavilasam in Haddows Road.
    Want some good North Indian Cuisine - Mothi Mahal in Jagananthan Road, Nungambakkam. Paneer Tikka and that too spicy one is really good.
    1 person likes this.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Malabar Biriyani is also available at SAMCO hotel, Alwarpet. (Nearby one of KamalHassan's houses :D)
    1 person likes this.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Hotel Samco used to be open till 2 in the morning, is it still the case. Also does the Hotel Cornet and Hotel Runs still open in Adyar, they used to be my favourite mallu Hotels.

Sent from my C6502 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  7. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Yes its owned by Malayali Muslims from Malappuram.

Kodambakkam branch is on the right hand side when you come from Kodambakkam bridge. Its near to Indian oil petrol pump.

Choolaimedu branch is near Mehta Nagar junction. When you come from choolaimedu bridge, you can see it in the right hand side after Mehtha Nagar junction. Both are small shops, but the red board 'Malabar Chicken Biriyani' is easily visible.

You'll get good Kerala Porotta also there.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Junior Kuppanna is really good. Especially the chicken & mutton gravy they serve with the meals. (There should be a yummy smiley added mods)

And yes, its really costly. Veg meal costs around Rs.180 & non veg Rs.140.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Samco was really an affordable restaurant until renovation. I used to be a regular customer there :) Now though the food is good, its costly!

- - - Merged Post - - -

If somebody is interested in beef fry, Hotel Kumarakom is the place to go! :D

- - - Merged Post - - -

Anyone knows where you get Ambur style biriyani?? I heard there is a shop in Velachery.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @DRIV3R: I went to Samco for the first time for their Kerala Biryani and they didn't have it that day. Went the second time and they again didn't have it! Food in Samco is generally good though.

@ Kailasmenon & Abdul: Thanks for the information.....I will go and get it packed for the family the next weekend from Kodambakkam. Hope it is good.
    1 person likes this.
  10. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Tried Veg Punjabi Bites in Shanthi Colony, Anna Nagar yesterday after searching Zomato. Food was good and reasonably priced as well.
    1 person likes this.