1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Good Eateries In Chennai

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by J Ravi, Jun 26, 2012.

1. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    You should try Kerala style biriyani from a a shop named 'Malabar Chicken Biriyani' in Kodambakkam. They have a branch near Mehta Nagar, Choolaimedu too..
    2 people like this.
  2. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    I have seen it once when i was in chennai, but never tried it though !!
    Wil surely give a try next time
  3. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    You can try Simran's appa kadai near Vadapalani junction. Different varieties of Appam & Fish Curry tastes good there.
  4. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Is this only about non-veg or veg eateries are also considered?

In veg you can check out cream center and eden. Both have 3 or 4 branches in Chennai.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Anything which can be eaten by humans. :D

I am with you on Cream Center. I have tried here and would have to admit they are just awesome. Little expensive but the quality and service are great. I recommend it.
  6. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks for the info, Kailasmenon. I'm sorely missing Kerala Briyani after shifting to Chennai. :(

BTW, any reviews on Barbecue Nation?
  7. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Barbecue nation is really good..But now a days its very costly. Try for once. Also you could check Grill Box in Raghavaiyah Road, T Nagar. Its tasty & costs very less comparing to Barbecue nation. Its near to Barbecue nation as well
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    BARBAQUE NATION
    It's just next to Joyalukas jewellers in Tnagar.
    Very noicy, the live band played will make one deaf.
    Very expensive,around 700 Rs for a veg buffet, for 200 Rs less you get a better buffet at both Grill box and Barbaque factory, Tnagar.You will read a lot of negative reviews about both the later restaurants,should have been written by the owners of Barbaque nation.
    Starters were just ok, nothing memorable about the main course,dessert was decent though.
    I can only say, pay 100 Rs more and have a royal buffet with at least 50 varities in dessert alone in Residency Towers, Pondy bazar or go to Grill box and save Rs.250
    2.5 out of 5 stars.
    Have been there twice but won't in the future,quite spicy and expensive.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Kerala Biriyani is available in a kerala restaurant on Montieth Road opposite Vetin Park hotel
    I did not like,quite oily, too much of unwanted spices going into all the food served there, should explain why the restaurant is mostly empty.

- - - Merged Post - - -

BURGER KING
    in the US
    vegetarians don't be surprised after walking in and hardly finding any vegetarian dish.Even if available they are quite expensive at about 10 usd for any dish and may have uncooked egg in the form of mayonaisse sauce.
    I had only a small cup of onion rings for 3.25 usd, there should have been only 8 or 10 onion rings.Quite oily but tasted good.

There is an idea if you don't find vegetarian food.You can buy cup noodles (the same that is available in India), take it to the rest room,fill in warm water from the tap, voila your noodles is ready.All taps in the US have a warm water option and is potable.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @bala, you seem to be so well versed with T.nagar and its attractions nd look like you are quite often in Chennai. Give me a buzz next time at 9282107003. I am in T.nagar too.

Abdul
    2 people like this.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    That was very nice and kind of you Abdul. It's only on Sunday evenings I hang around there and people usually are out with their families on Sunday evenings, so wouldn't disturb.Since I studied in Kmc and Stanley,major part of those eight years were spent roaming around (it's only now am picking up the books!, need of the hour!)

RESIDENCY TOWERS
    In Pondy bazar.
    It's a 3 star hotel and that should speak for itself.
    800 Rs they charge for a buffet is surprisingly cheap for what is offered.

Ambience is royal,waiters are dressed up like the ones you see in English movies.
    The buffet spread is lo lavish that after seeing the 50 desserts lined up I did not taste the soup nor the nan in the main course.Starters were ordinary, but everything in the main course from biriyani to other dishes oozed class.
    Looking around, I noticed people dining around were all very dressed,thought while visiting next time should wear the most expensive dress available (don't have many though :()
    Dessert section has to be seen to beleived, I could only taste three fourth of what was available.
    Icecream alone was of 4 varieties.
    A must visit.
    4.5 out 5 stars
    still can't believe they charge only as much as Barbaque nation which does not even justify a comparison.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    2 people like this.