1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Good Eateries In Chennai

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by J Ravi, Jun 26, 2012.

1. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    For veg there are many mess (meaning small home side hotels) mainly in mylapore and triplicane all are home made food and also taste in similar way. most of it will be very good , IN triplicane ther is one mess even today heavy rush for lunch , but the main thing is thier price which is very less and serve good quality with right quantity.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    These home made foods use less sodium bicarbonate and are very stomach friendly. In Tiruvanmiyur there was a mess run(andra people) inside a home and the food used to be very stomach friendly(near RTO).
    1 person likes this.
  3. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes sun you are correct . i too been there, also it tastes like we have it in home thats the main.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Restaurant/food thread ;)

There have been a few threads regarding food photography etc.
    I thought it would be helpful for foodies like me if there was an exclusive thread on reviews on restaurants.
    Mods, if you feel it's inappropriate kindly merge this thread with others.

BARBAQUE FACTORY.
    In Tnagar just off Habibulla road ( you have actor Jeeva's one mb food outlet there)
    Excellent value for money, 500 Rs for veg and 600 Rs for nonveg buffet.
    The soup, aloo chat, salad and cut fruits are highly forgettable and you can avoid them.
    Then come the starters which are very yummy and they would alone fill one's stomach.
    Panneer tika served here was the best tikka I have had so far, same is the case with the juicy tandoori pineapple and dhahi kabab.I never knew one can make a kabab with dhahi filling.Hariyali kabab was also good.
    Then served is the main course. Naan was soft and good. Only the panneer butter masala among the three gravies was good.ladies finger masala was very oily
    Biriyani was a complete disaster, looks like they mixed left over rice with left over beans gravy.bad.
    dessert was 4 cups each with a scoop of icecream, rajbog, jilebi, gulab jamoon and another sweet.All except jilebi were good
    All in all a very satisfying experience, a must vist.
    Nice ambience,polite waiters and food is served on the table saving you some calories :) and running around.
    Highly recommended restaurant.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Bala, we already have one for Chennai. :)
    I have merged your thread with this assuming you review would be for Chennai restaurants.

We have another for Bangalore - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/hangout/6874-good-eateries-bangalore.html

- - - Merged Post - - -

My observation made in Aug'12 is no more valid now. Dindigul Thalappakatti is now having stiff competition with Anjappar and Ponnusamy.

THOROUGHLY AVOIDABLE.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    No Ramesh, I had intended to review restaurants in Pondicherry also.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No problem. I will edit the title to Chennai/Pondicherry. ;)
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    GRILL BOX
    In Tnagar, ragavaiah road, just a few metres from Raghavendhra temple.
    500 Rs for both veg and non veg buffet.
    Starters were complete disasters .It's ok to be undercooked and cook it in the grill on table, but here starters were uncooked.May be the nonveg starters were good,since my mother asked for a second helping of tandoori chicken.
    It was all compensated with the main course, the Biriyani which is the best Biriyani I have had so far.I will pay 500 Rs for biriyani alone.
    Noodles was very oily,nan was bland and a gravy was ok.
    Dessert was superb.2 varities of mousse were yummy and the cakes and brownie were desent.
    Icecream, though was vanilla, was of very high quality with 3 delicious toppings.
    One big negative was the place is very narrow and you can't come out with out bumping onto 10 people (yuppies, now don't say that it is actually a positive :) )
    Highly recommended
    3.5 out of 5 stars
    I will visit again.

- - - Merged Post - - -

But Ramesh, I thought of passing a few words on restaurants in the US, Singapore too :)
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    :D

When you do, start a generic Eateries thread for cities other than Chennai/Pondicherry and Bangalore. :)
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    TANDOORI TADAKKA
    In Sterling road, just before Ega theatre on the left.
    A must avoid.
    Don't get lured by the price, RS.300 for a veg buffet.
    Only the soup and icecream were good.That you can have for Rs.100.
    They simply do not know to cook.
    1 out of 5 stars

- - - Merged Post - - -

Ok, now on McDonald's in the US.
    Imho, quite expensive.
    A small 10 cm plain cheese pizza costs 8usd, for that price you can get 4 huge pizzas in Indian McDonald's.
    The pizza was rubbery and sticky too, would be embarrassing to eat in front of others!
    Very few options for vegetarians :(
    The saving grace is that you can pay 3 usd and fill coke or whatever ever drink you like for how many ever times you wish.:)
    2.5 out of 5 stars