1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Good Eateries In Chennai

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by J Ravi, Jun 26, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    What I had was with badam. So I think, as ram mentioned they might have replaces the china grass. I liked it. :)
  2. No animal is harmed in this process. I am still curious about Bala's comment.

----------------------------------------------
    The Chocolate Room - 100ft Road, Velachery
    Except few, every dish they serve contains chocolate as one of the ingredient. This place has good ambience, which you won't hesitate to spend time. Dishes are yummy. Their food decoration is also good. Finally, it's chocolate - The God's food.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It's indeed made of Kadal Pasi and tastes good.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Gokulam restaurant of Sreekrishna sweats (Krishna Gana Sabha complex, T nagar) is worth to try. I have tastes pongal and kichadi, which I liked very much.
  5. I am a Fan of Mutton Biriyani of Hotel Pandiyas in vadapalani. Opposite to Kamala Theater. The Mutton Biriyani there has got a unique Taste which I have never tasted anywhere else.
  6. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hotel Milan in velachery will be good for non veg srida , place may be old.
    1 person likes this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Since discussions started on non-vegetarian eateries, let me also jump into the bandwagon with theoretical knowledge. In 1970s, Buhari, Bilal [both in Mount Road], Amin [opposite Royapettah police station] and Ponnusamy [Royapettah] were famous for their non-vegetarian delicacies. Buhari had a branch at Marina Beach too. Buhari had a juke box in their branches, wherein after inserting a 10 paise coin and selecting a song/music from the displayed menu, it used to pick up the record and play it mechanically. I remember vividly enjoying superhit music numbers like Baby Elephant Walk [from John Wayne's Hatari], Clint Eastwood's The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and For A Few Dollars More, etc. I regularly had tea [only] at Cafe Amin while returning from night shows in Mount Road theatres and during late-night studies at home at the time of exams. I remember seeing photographs showing Sivaji Ganesan and MGR enjoying their delicacies in ads of Ponnusamy in those days. Now, I find Ponnusamy has opened their branches even in Bangalore.
    4 people like this.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    As per Rocky and Mayur's Highway on my plate for Chennai:

Anjappar
    Rating (where 9 is Unique and/or Exceptional. A must have):
    Taste:8
    Ambience:7
    service:9
    Value for Money:8
    Total:32
    Specialties: seafood
    Veg/Non veg: Non Veg

Murugan Idli Shop
    Rating :
    Taste:10
    Ambience:8
    Value for Money:10
    Total:37
    Specialties: Idlis
    Veg/Non veg: Veg

Ponnusamy hotel
    Rating :
    Taste:9
    Ambience:8
    Value for Money:10
    Total:36
    Specialties: mutton pepper fry, crab masala and chicken kozhambu
    Veg/Non veg: primarily Non Veg

Sri Kalpagambal Mess
    Rating :
    Taste:9
    Ambience:9
    service:10
    Value for Money:9
    Total:37
    Specialties: traditional tamil brahmin cuisine
    Veg/Non veg: Veg
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Both Anjappar and Ponnusamy are the worst place to have food in Chennai IMO.
    Bad service.
    Unhygienic food.
    Unhygienic environment.
    Worst VFM.
    Very bad ambience.

For Non-Veg dishes, Dindigul Thalappakatti is good even though they are bit expensive.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  10. I second Ramjn for Anjappar and Ponnusamy.