1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Good Eateries In Chennai

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by J Ravi, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    O.t.,
    Don't praise me too much.I actually do what can be easily done,being honest as a doctor,because there is enough money or even more in the profession even otherwise and there is no need for dishonesty.In general,in life it is easy to be honest,am always because people have mostly been honest to me,once 2 decades back my mother got down from an autorichshaw leaving behind 20 sovereigns of gold jewelry and cash.The autowallah came back at the end of the day searching all the 8 floors of the appartment and gave it back refusing gifts.
    It is easier to be honest.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Grill box,opposite City center.
    This is marginally better than the grill box restaurant in Tnagar.
    The buffet spread on display (yes,Display,how can anyone taste all the items on menu,anywhere?)is quite lavish for the price-rs.555 for vegetarians.
    Welcome drink was rose milk,which would be good anywhere.
    There were around 7 starters including even a sub.The major disappointment here was that the only grilled item apart from pineapple was grilled guava !,non vegetarians should have more.No panneer tikka.
    I did not taste the soup,tomato shorba.
    The main course was lavish including both a biryani and a Kasmiri pulav,but none had a lingering flavour.
    What I dislike about all food outlets is that they pour plenty of cashew paste into all dishes and make them nauseating.
    Dessert section was elaborate,including 3 cake varieties,2 mouse flavour,3 Indian sweets,4 flavours of icecream but none oozes class.
    Waiters are courteous.
    In all restaurants,the waiters are from the north east,if they are under 18,does the labor court take note of that?
    For Rs.550,certainly value for money
    2.5 out of 5 stars,.5 deducted for the poor air conditioning.
    jumu likes this.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Absolute Barbeque
    G.n.chetty road,below the flyover
    Around 10 starters were served,but is the point,not even one tasted good to ask for a second seving.
    The main course was a disaster.Biriyani had no flavour ( even i can make a better one !),4 side dishes and nan deserve no mention.
    The live counter is an absolute drama.Both the noodles and fried rice cooked live could not even be tasted.Chat was ok.
    In some restaurants atleast the dessert section would be a saving grace,not here.The pastries were dry as if they were made the previous day.
    I have read people go gaga over the paan icecream,yuck,what a bad idea.
    Every other restaurant would have atleast one dish that you would remember,not here.
    At 590 Rs (for an early bird6.30 to 7pm),it is not worth recommending.Zomato people would go crazy about this restaurant,I think all those reviews were written by their own staff.(or may be the non vegetarian stuff is different)
    Staff were courteous and just as I had expected the guy came running behind me to return the tips.
    Well,did anything taste good?, after a looong thought,
    Oh,yeah,the rose petal in phirni tasted good.
    2 out of 5 stars.
    jumu likes this.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Hotel green park,tulips
    Chennai,vadapalani.
    Situated next to forum mall,this one is a must visit.
    The food and ambience ooze class.
    The only restaurant after the one in residency towers where the food is nonoily,non spicy and is of natural color and aroma.
    At 800 rs net (700 rs for early birds till 7.30),it is worth every penny. Starters are so so but the main course and the dessert section are classy.This is the best desert section I've seen so far,around 2 dozen varieties and all delicious and pretty new to taste .There are 3 live counters,offering 5 varieties of biriyani,masala dosa and indian bread each.
    Not to be missed
    4 out of 5 stars.
    ramjn and jumu like this.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Hotel Annamalai,puduchery,tindivanam road.
    At rs.580 for a Sunday lunch buffet,food was fantastic.
    Soup was not good.pulav,noodles,2 vegetarian dishes,3 vegetarian starters were very good,nan was cold.
    Dessert section was very good,though the cake was average.
    If it was Chennai,the same buffet would have cost Rs.400 more.
    Highly recommended for people visiting Puduchery.
    4 out of 5 stars.
    PradeepM likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Mylapore has a new vegetarian restaurant called Pattappa's Thaligai, located opposite Nageswara Rao Park, Luz Church Road. Buffet breakfast [Saturdays and Sundays only], lunch [all days] and dinner [all days] cost ₹ 170 each.
    PradeepM likes this.