1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Good Eateries In Chennai

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by J Ravi, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Have been to Guest hotel and Paramount hotel a lot of times,since they were both at walkable distance from my college.
    Especially Paramount,used to visit for dinner after every class test.i.e.every week :)
  2. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Was it for celebration or mourning:)
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Neither,just for a relief,to unload the weight from head and to forget what ever was learnt in the past week :)
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    LE ROYAL PARK in Pondicherry,kamarajar salai.
    Buffet costs Rs.500 and it is extreme value for money.
    Salad section is the best I have taken so far,so good that only when I went to take a second helping did I notice that actually one of the delicious salads was actually non veg!:eek:
    Main course was good and it exuded quality in being not spicy or oily.
    Mango kheer and pineapple mousse were very yummy.
    A must visit if you are in Pondicherry and are wondering as to why people are thronging this small village from Bangalore and Chennai.
    4.5 stars..5 deducted for adding LE before the hotel name, in Pondicherry they ad le or la before everything thinking that people would be fooled that the place has a French lineage, it is like adding THE before India.
    A must visit other wise
    Iam thinking of quitting buffets, eat too much and start feeling giddy :(:confused:
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    yeah bala, when you are regularly eating out, it makes sense to take a break and go for a nicely selected a la carte( Pardon me for the french:) ) When your stomachs too full and you dont feel good, then whatever the satisfaction that the food gave you will take a back seat. So for Bala, it is going to be (as per menu) hence forth till the urge to get back to buffets I guess.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    There is another option to make your mind hate about eating out. Just dine once at Nalaas, Karaikudi, Anjappar and Ponnusamy in Chennai.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Exactly Ramesh,I've dinned in 2 of those places you've mentioned and I have sworn that I will never return again.
    Abdul,only the mind says no to buffets, the heart says won't you miss the desert section? :)
    , can you make mousse at home :(
    - - - Merged Post - - -

No sooner I write no more buffets, my heart is immediately set on a buffet at Ramada, Egmore :), you know you can never straighten something :)
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    you in chennai?
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    No Abdul,Villupuram.
    Was in Chennai for 8 years during college days when I became so fond of the place that I visit Chennai once in a month to just roam around and dine out and some window shopping may be. No sight seeing though ;), pun intended :)
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    1 person likes this.