1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Good Eateries In Bangalore

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by J Ravi, Aug 9, 2012.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Today, self and my wife visited MTR Moments, Bhashyam Circle, Rajajinagar and breakfasted with steaming idlies, vada, masala dosa with chutney and sambar washed down by aromatic coffee.:) The quality of food here is as good and authentic as their original MTR, Lalbagh Road. We are regulars here. However, we do visit Lalbagh MTR too occasionally.

Apart from MTR, we also regularly enjoy the food at Maiya's [both Malleshwaram and Jayanagar], CTR [Malleshwaram], Shakthi [Malleshwaram], Janatha [Malleshwaram], Roti Ghar and Vidhyarthi Bhavan [Gandhi Bazaar], Udupi Krishna Bhavan [Malleshwaram and Mantri Square], Shiv Sagar [Mantri Square and The Forum], Woodlands [Richmond Circle], Pai Refreshments [Ananda Rao Circle famous for Jolada Roti meals], Kamat Yatrinivas [Ramanagara on SH 17], Adiga's [Magadi Road], SLV [Ragigudda JP Nagar], etc.
    4 people like this.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow! Really tempting thread! Thnx for sharing!

Here are my additions / favorites [Nostalgic/old eat outs of Blore] - V.V.Puram Food street, Veena Stores in Malleshwaram, Roti Ghar (Jayanagar), Shiv Sagar (Commercial street), Upahara darshini (DVG road), Mahalaxmi Tiffin Room (DVG road), Hotel Janata (J.C Road)
    2 people like this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I used to go to Woodlands for lunch when I was with my previous organisation. The lunch, served in plantain leaves, is really nice there.

For those look for good authentic Kerala food, "Ente Keralam" on Ulsoor Road is a place worth mentioning. It's on the costlier side, but food is really nice.
    2 people like this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    It has been in my wish-list for many years, but yet to visit.
    Yes, located at 15[SUP]th [/SUP]Cross and Margosa Road junction . Many years back, enjoyed their steaming idlies with chutney standing on the foot-path!:)
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Some north Indian places where I like to go frequently -

• Gud Dhani - BTM - Good Rajstahni food, reasanable rates
    • Angeethi, Church Street - Great food, but too much rush
    • Gramin - Koramangla - Unique style and great food
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Chennai and Banglore eatery threads are making me to retire from my work early and proceed for lunch:D
    2 people like this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    A few months back, we lunched at Rajdhani, UB City, Vittal Mallya Road and enjoyed Rajasthani meals.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Continental food with surprisingly low prices:
    Veeks and Thomas (have been only to their koramangala outlet near JNC)

Coastal karnataka food:
    Mangalore Pearl at Coles road, Frazer town. a must visit place

North Indian food (daily stuff):
    Tea and You at Sector 1 HSR layout

Arabian and Bhatkali cuisine:
    Alibaba Cafe and Restaurant at MM road, Frazer town. It has a very distinct ambience with antique style furniture though its small and cosy.

Dhaba experience at very reasonable cost inside the city:
    Eden huts dhaba near belandur on ORR:
    we go to this place specially for its teetar (partridge, its not on the menu, need to ask for it) and sulemani chai (flavoured tea w/o milk)

English/continental breakfast:
    Hole in the Wall cafe, 4th block, koramangala. Small n cosy place!
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    if you like street food then go to the 'Food Street' , in VV puram.
    One will get lost with the different varieties of food there.
    Never miss the chance to eat "Jehangir" if you go there (Hot ones) :)
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    My favorite North Indian (based on veg choices) places

Best thing about Bangalore is the number of restaurants in different places. My favourite places (data is a few years old but I am sure that they would be still around):

North Indian (based on veg choices)
    - Kund (IndiraNagar near CMH Road, behind Domino's Pizza): Dal Makhani tastes amazing. My friends liked the chicken but I never tasted it so cannot comment
    - Chandi Chowk (Koramangla, while going from Indira Nagar to Koramangla, take a right (SPAR was on left). Around 500 mts ahead and this shalll be on your right): good north Indian food
    - Gramin (Koramangala): nice Rajasthani/Gujarati food
    - Lalita's (while going on old airport road from the old airport, after crossing ring road and Indira Nagar intersection, around 500 mts ahead on the left side, behind Shiv Sagar): great crisp tasty Paranthas, arguably the best in Bangalore. Also, a great place to have punjabi thali at a reasonable price. Most people used to take chapatis from here. This used to be haunt during my bachelor days
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012