1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Good deal or a bad deal

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by clash81, Mar 10, 2011.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Bala is a Fiat doc and cures people having Fiat Fever.

Any car manufacturer is supposed to have a percentage of unsatisfied owners. So if you like the car go ahead and pick it up. The service I've experienced so far is good and the support from Fiat is excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Lol@teky.Hmm,don't relax that your Punto escaped my fury,but I seriously wish that I could cure people of Fiat fever,after all even I was suffering from the same not long ago.
    @Clash,what did you mean by- is Bala a bot??,I did not get that.
  3. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Linea will never be history. Its the better car in its price range at the moment. Future cars can replace Linea and this is true for any car from any company. Fiat has to constantly improve and offer better choices to customers.

About your car... looks like a case of lemon. Often there are cars from manufacturers that give constant pain to customers. Its true for HONDA / MARUTI / BMW alike. FIAT should be truly sorry for the car they gave you. But it doesn't make all cars by FIAT bad. That's a fact and there is no point running a company down. Sell off your linea and buy a new one. I am sure you wont face the same issues again....
  4. Blame Taco for the poor quality of plastics that our cars come with. The B*****a heading TACO and the cost controllers in the JV should be flogged to death. They don't seem to understand that they are bloody eating their own eggs. Anyways it's foolish of all of us to believe that a useless HCV manufacturer who does not even now know how to manufacture a truck is leading the JV of a top class european company. Inspite of all these I am a fiat'ian and still hope that Fiat comes out of Tata automotive / taco Jynx.
  5. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Just an update from the dealer :

One the booking day he had told me that it would take 15-20 days for the exotica red punto, now he says, they placed an order y'day and the new vehicle will only come in the 2nd week of April. I am actually OK with it.

Now, the catch is that he is offering me a 2010 make red punto with discounts up to 40 k. Is this an OK discount for a 2010 make ? i have asked him to confirm the month of manufacture.

It seems there is another Tuscan wine red punto of 2011 make, for which he is willing to waiver the charge for the premium color.

pls advise me if i can go for a 2010 make model? If then, is the discount 40 k ok?

as far as the tuscan wine 2011 make, i think i can push for some more discounts and go on. i really like this colour. wifey is the one who is sort a red red and all.. so.....i can get her agree with this ::V
  6. clash81

clash81 Regolare

I am too jittery to go for the 2010 vehicle, thinking of the depreciation and sorts... with 40 -45 k discounts, i dont think it is a good deal.

I dont know some how i am not lured with the Tuscan wine model....

Can anyone here tell me, how the dealer can have a 2010 model vehicle with him? Dont they place orders with the plant and get the vehicles or is it like, FIAT manufacture some vehicles and send it to the dealer and he stocks it?

Someone please help me out with this...

As of now, i am thinking i will go for the latest vehicle which the dealer says will only delivered by April 2nd week... which is not a problem for me.....

:confused ::OO :confused
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    They can have old model car, because of various reasons. Most likely, somebody might have canceled the booking. In worst case, this could be test vehicle. Go for new model.
  8. clash81

clash81 Regolare

@Ravi : Thanks for the opinion.

I decided that i wont take any risks and told the dealer that i would wait for the latest vehicle and not opt for what he has in his yard.

I queried the sales guy why he was trying to sell an 2010 make to me? He told me, two cars - exotica red (2010) and tuscan wine (2011) were in the yard and the colors did not have any takers.

As i am a newbie with cars, i was sure even if i take the 2010 make for a TD, i wouldnt be able to figure out the issues with it, if it has any. Then with all the depreciation calculations, i felt the 40-45k discounts are not good enough. If i had gone for this vehicle, i would have hard bargained for some more cuts on the price. anyway, i am relived now, i dont have to do it as i am not going for this.

Tuscan wine 2011 make was interesting one but again, i thought i will wait for the car i booked - the exotica red 90hp vehicle.

So far, the experience with the dealer has been fine. There has been no news about the Loan i have applied with SBI. Its been around a week now, the finance fellow at the dealership says, i might get a call in the coming two days or so.
  9. basis

basis Amatore

From where you are taking the Punto?

Please update me your whole experience as I am also planning to buy Punto in July.
  10. clash81

clash81 Regolare

@basis : I have booked punto from Prerana motors KH Road.

Yipee..... :clap our loan got approved from SBI. On the whole it was very decent experience with them. Not much of hassles, even though there was some last minute confusions and there is a change in the interest rates from what the dealer quoted. Not exactly in the numbers but, i was promised 1-12 months and 12-24 months on fixed rates but what was offered from the bank was floating rates.

The bank person told me that they used to give the teaser fixed rates option for 1-12 months and 12-24 months but they stopped doing so by Jan 15th. The reason he said was that RBI keeps increasing the rates quite often these days and supposedly it has happened 7 times in 3 months or so now and the bank has decided that it is not viable to offer customers with car loans that have fixed interest terms. I feel, i am bit late in buying car, if i had gone for a little more earlier, i could have cut a better deal. I am also not sure if i was duped in to it, if some one else has a different experience recently, pls write up here.

Anyway, i have some kind of faith in nationalized banks and the documentation looked not so simple but the loan agreements signed did not have numerous pages and i could read out the terms which were quite lucid enough.
    Why i stress on this point is because, i still remember when i got a bike, i availed the icici loan and the agreement was quite a thick booklet which ran in to 30 or so odd pages. I took a copy of that booklet home, as i couldnt finish reading the terms at the bank and i signed the papers without completely reading it. Taking it home also did not do the trick, halfway through reading it, i fell asleep. Considering those kind of booklets the other banks provide, i have to say SBI loan agreement was quite small concise and precise which i liked. :clap

Thank fully i was diverted to a less crowded branch of SBi in bangalore - the church street branch than the st.marks road one which is quite busy always with a lot of customers.

To be fair, i so far had a decent experience with the dealer and the bank. The vehicle supposedly will come in the 2nd week of April. I actually wanted to write a short one, but this has gone in to few extra words.