1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gonna book my Punto Emotion 1.3 this week...

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by rahul24jam, Feb 20, 2012.

1. I'm planning to book my Grande Punto Emotion 1.3 this week, from either RF Motors or Concorde, Kochi/Ernakulam. If there are any prospective buyers out there nearer to kochi, and planning for group booking, include me as well. or PM me.

Experts: How much benefit we will be able to get if 2/3 ppl book the car together?
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    That actually depends on your negotiation skills. If you have a good number, say 4-5 in the group, then saying that you "would like to see the quote from other dealers" puts pressure on the dealer and may end up giving a better deal. Ask "useful" freebies as much as possible.
  3. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    I agree...
    It all depends upon ur negotiation skills.
  4. i've done a bit of negotiations already. the onroad price incl. 5000 extended warranty and premium for tuscan wine comes upto 7,60,000. after a bit of talk, they've given a waiver of the 3999 for the insurance+RSA pack. that makes it 7,36,500 or so. i get 3000 as corporate discount as am a college lecturer, making it 7,33,500. plus usual accessories like mudflaps, car cover, mats and sunfilm. i told them i'll leave out the sunfilm, and they said the price is 7,32,500 now. i'm bargaining with two dealers in ernakulam, Concorde and RF Motors. RF might give me for 7,31,000. While Concorde tells me that for 7.35 laks, they could do me either Reverse Parking Sensors OR Underbody coating done. Without any of these, Concorde might stop with 7,33,000. Usually people tell me to avoid RF, cuz their dealings and aftersales are not that good. I'm not really sure about a proper PDI, with RF.

1. Anyway, I need to get it from ernakulam, and bring it to thiruvalla (95 km) for registration. they'll just give me the temporary regn. so road tax will be paid by myself straight. i don't know if i'll need to shell out money at the RTO, as maybe "bribe". if i'll need to spend more money there, please guide me.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

2. I want to know if i can get anything more by bargaining. And what are "useful" freebies?

3. As GP doesn't come with a spare alloy wheel, do you think i should make that spare wheel also an alloy? but its damn expensive am i right.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  5. hey, i booked my Punto on 22nd Feb. It's 28th today, and i still haven't received my VIN... the SA says the car hasn't been shipped yet. Is there anything wrong? Please, I am getting nervous.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No reasons to get nervous Rahul. Ask the dealer whether the vehicle has been invoiced to you or not. Even if thats not shipped, they can still provide you with the VIN.
  7. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even I booked the car on 23rd Feb..today dealer told me that Oceanic Blue has less demand so company is not producing it.......
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is one ridiculous statement from the dealer. There should be some other reason for the delay. The dealers simply shouldn't be blaming the manufacturer.
  9. i believe there is something funny going on. either the sales guys aren't interested once the booking is done, or they simply have no idea about what's going on at the plant.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

prashant, did they give you the VIN?
  10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had a talk with the sales guy.....he said that he had a talk with the plant manager and will let me know of the status today eod......they seem to be interested as of now......