1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Going to Nagarahole on weekend....

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Venkatesh, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Venkatesh

Venkatesh

Bangalore
    Hi Guys,

just wanted to share my excitement, Me and my colleagues (4 of them) along with my second wife are going to Nagarahole for this weekend :dancing :car . I hope to spot a tiger there ::O lot of drinking, laughing and drinking and drinking and so on....

Cheers,

Venkatesh
  2. Great! Don't mix drinking and driving; or drinking and the Tiger. Both can be disastrous ::V
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    +1

Jokes apart, Wish you happy journey.
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Please share the travelogue and some good good pics of yours and linea
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    All the very best on the great Expedition, do click pictures with both the tigers, and enjoy your drive :car
    Free ADVICE .: :devil Don'T mix driving with Drink, :boxer
  6. Venkatesh

Venkatesh

Bangalore
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of you for the same advice ::D anyhow, my plan was, as I was going into wilderness, i wanted to get up as early as in the morning and take some good snaps. So didnt drink too much, may be a peg ( I emptied another peg in the gutter). I will share my travel log and photos in the evening

Cheers,

Venkatesh
  7. Venkatesh

Venkatesh

Bangalore
    Travelogue:

We left Bangalore at around 5:30PM Friday Evening straight to Mysore, taking a break near Maddur. In Mysore Met my wife and in-laws and we left for Nisargadhama (where we stayed on Friday Night) at 8:30PM.

Took a break at Hunsur Bypass road, ate our Dinner at the bar and restaurant behind Hotel Annapurna and left for Nisarghadhama and reached there by 11:30PM. Funny thing was, I knew the road by heart but I overtook two KSRTC buses in front of Nisarghadhama and over shot couple of KMS, then I realised I left Nisargadhama behind, so took a U turn and Reached destination at 11:30PM.

Reached cottage around 11:45 and immediately my colleagues started drinking. Me and another colleague of mine (who planned to wake up early in the morning) drank very slowly(may be 2 pegs in 3 hrs). Slept at 3:00 in the morning and woke up at 6:00. We looked outside the cottage and WHAT A SCENE IT WAS, beautiful, Mind Blowing, Really Very very good!!!! Chill morning, Fog around you, fresh air and greenery :wow . we took good snaps and returned to our cottage to get ready for Nagarahole.

Started our journey at 10:30AM on Saturday Morning from Nisarghadhama, and straight went to the Machaan Resort which is situated just after the National Park inside a coffee estate. The resort was very good, only few rooms, and it would be unfair if I don't Appreciate the resort guys there, they became very good friends of us, good food good room, good environment but what was not good was the approach road. My car did scratch its bottom many more times.

We just roamed around the estate, played cricket and had some snacks before going to drink. At around 7:30PM we put a Camp fire near a small lake inside the estate and guys that was altogether a different experience. We could hear wild dogs barking, elephant voice, the night was sooo good but it had to end.

Next morning, we woke up at 5:00AM and left for nagarahole, while reaching reception of the National park, we spotted Elephants moving across the road. When we raeched the Park a safari bus was ready to move and we bought the ticket and hoped in. On the safari we spotted Elephants, and bisons (it was huuuuge) and some peacocks and Malabar Squirrel. We were very unfortunate that we hoped in the first bus beacuse the next bus it went in a different direction and THEY SPOTTED A TIGER :A , but any how we spotted bisons and it was good.

Well Every thing has to come to an end, so we went back to the resort, took a nap and left straight for Bangalore.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Cool venktesh, but where are the pitures :confused