1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Going to get my Tuscan wine Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion Pk

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ibsr, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Hi all..
    I am bala(ibsr) from hyderabad.. Good to be here amongst the fiatians.. I have booked my Tuscan wine fiat linea 1.3MJD Emotion Pk. The vehicle is available in the stock yard.. planning to take it on 4 April.. I would like to improve the ground clearance of My linea MJD which is 161m on paper. Can i switch to 16" alloys similar to the ones used in T-jet.. Will it affect suspension and the ride quality. more importantly will i void any warranty if i do so... Request all you fellow fiatians to provide your valuable suggestion..
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Re: Going to get my Tuscan wine Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion P

Red carpet welcome to you and your new bride, oops, ride TW Linea, ibsr. Explore and enjoy your factory-fresh Linea.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hi Ibsr, welcome to TFI and congrats.
    My recommendation would be to keep the stock tyres. Upgrading to T-JET alloys would be an expensive affair (~Rs50000 for the set of 4 alloys). You'll be able to sell your 15 inch Fiat alloys for somewhat Rs10000-20000 for the set of 4 alloys).

Rather, I am sure you will adapt to the GC very easily.
    I don't think that the warranty will void if you go for 16 inch 98PCD alloys. But the A.S.S. guys are always ready to make some excuse to void the warranty.
    Just my 2 cents.
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi

Congrats on the new car :drinks . If u want u can increase the tyre profile to 195/65 R15, which will provide almost 1 cm more ground clearance. Also try adjusting to the GC by modifying your driving stye
  5. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi

Congrats and welcome to TFI.

For G.C, i don't think there should be any problems. As said by soccerfan, adapt with changes in your Driving style. I did the same. If i were in your shoes, i wouldn't play with upgrade, why to even test ASS people with warranty issues.
  6. Re: Going to get my Tuscan wine Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion P

Hi Bala, congrats and welcome to TFI.
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat

hey bala you are getting yourself a great car. congrats. well you can up the size of the alloys to 16 and the tyre to 65 if you dont mind shelling that much money. ride and handling will not be affected much. but confirm with the SC whether that will void the warranty. else the best thing is to get acquainted with the GC. will be waiting for your ownership thread. and yes do take lots of pics.
  8. Re: Going to get my Tuscan wine Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion P

I will check with the Sales rep and the SC today..
    As soccerfan suggested i may discuss with them regarding 195/65 R15 instead of 16" alloys
  9. Re: Going to get my Tuscan wine Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion P

After finishing bank formalities for loan, i went to concorde motors, LB nagar, Hyderabad to check on the doubts i had.. I saw the vehicle that is going to be delivered to me over there in the parking lot.. I am seeing it for the first time.. hmmm tuscan wine is really enchanting..
    I went inside to check with the sales rep.. regarding other formalities.. I asked me to show me the tax invoice.. checked the VIN no.. found it to be "AMZ".. jan 2011 manufactured vehicle as promised.. checked for the model.. Diesel emotion pk... everything was going fine until i checked the color column.. It read " PURPLE RED".. Shocked.. I questioned the stand in sales rep.. why it is mentioned as PURPLE RED instead of TUSCAN WINE.. He connected me another person over phone.. He said in the system TUSCAN WINE Is Referred to as PURPLE RED.. I got annoyed and informed him.. there is no color as PURPLE RED as per fiat website and brochures.. So Change the Tax invoice to TUSCAN WINE.. He tried to convince me that TUSCAN WINE is also called as PURPLE RED... I was getting annoyed but did not show my anger instead i politely told him that if whatever you are saying is true, then i would like to have a written confirmation on the same from your FIAT CEO.. He went silent.. I then i handed over the phone to the sales rep who was near me... i clearly told him.. change the color to TUSCAN WINE.. then only we can proceed ahead.
    I would like to have a confirmation from fellow fiatians whoever has taken "TUSCAN WINE" color to confirm whether TUSCAN WINE color gets mentioned as PURPLE RED in the tax invoice or is it mentioned as TUSCAN WINE only... Request the fellow fiatians to hep...
  10. Re: Going to get my Tuscan wine Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion P

Hi all.. Got an confirmation from fiat regarding color change from " PURPLE RED to TUSCAN WINE"...
    here is the story.. As i had strictly insisted that i need a written statement from the FIAT CEO if PURPLE RED is nothing but TUSCAN WINE (as the sales rep said).. The sales rep took the matter up to fiat.. today i got a mail stating that the things have been corrected even in the tax invoice (CRM they call it).. the entire email communication that happened between various fiat officals were forwarded to me along with the confirmation that it had been changed to TUSCAN WINE from PURPLE RED.
    Thanks to multijetter and Rohit tunga for all their help