1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Going from Fiat Enthusiast to Owning a BNW GP 1.3 Emotion-Absolute Edition..!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Sunith, Nov 14, 2012.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Congrats on your new car. It's a beauty and I wish you a completely safe and trouble free ownership with the car. Do keep updating this thread regularly.

If it doesn't violate your company's NDA, can you tell us some more about how your company is associated with the MJD. We could do with an insider view on the MJD :).
    1 person likes this.
  2. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Thanks amit..
    I work for a OEM that does not buy the MJD, but reuse/remodel it ;), hope you got the answer you are looking for ::D. I work for the Body controls module for the same. My knowledge on the mechanical's for the MJD is nil almost :(.
  3. smilinganand

smilinganand Timido

Congratulation Sunith on ur new Car. And wish me luck for my yet to buy 1.3 MJD Punto Emotion-BN White.

After reading your posts, I am very much eager to click my new CAR with my SLR and post here. BY the way, red paint on ORVMs are catchy. That has made me think twice to paint it red :rolleyes:

Post your experience on Navigation sys came with absolute pack. Also, I am bit concerned about engine noise on 80+ kmph, did u feel that?
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Congratulations, Sunigh.

And excellent pics there. Red Side Mirrors look good.
  5. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Thank you VahanPujari.. :) , I was inspired by the Punto sport for the look.

Thank you Anand :D , Congrats on your choice of Punto, You will truly love every moment with this beautiful machine.. For the red ORVM talk to your dealer and get it done as part of the negotiation for the final deal. ;)

And above 80kmph the noise is not that much of an issue, if you have some music playing then you will not hear any noise even. The MMI tab is good, but it takes some time to lock and get a fix on the satellites, other wise it is fine and accurate.. But it has a very bad battery last just 2hrs out of the socket.. :)
  6. vish_al

vish_al Timido

Its not the pad Sunith.Actually I am talking about that windshield mount which is not sticking onto glass properly n it keeps falling off every now & then.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Its not the pad Sunith.Actually I am talking about that windshield mount which is not sticking onto glass properly n it keeps falling off every now & then.
  7. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Make sure that there is no dirt on the surface of the suction cup and the windshield. Also check whether the suction cup has any holes or imperfections on it, And while tightening the clamp to make the suction tight make sure you push it to the end fully.. :) Will post a photo of my mount in the day time so you can have a look.. ;)
  8. vish_al

vish_al Timido

Thanx Sunith.Surely I would like to take a look at how u fitted that onto the glass.It would give me a good idea..
  9. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Post 1500Kms/1 Month Update:

Did a round trip to Kurnool last weekend. The drive was good. Broke some speed limits on the way ;) , touched 120kmph with ease pushed to the top speed of 135.3kmph as per the GPS device.
    > Now after 1.5K KM's the engine sounds silent compared to when the car was new, gears are getting notchy.. And loving the Turbo kick in 2nd and 3rd gears
    > The consumption in cities driving(read KR Puram /ITPL mess) is up to 15kmpl with AC and got upto 18.5kmpl on the highway with some mixed driving.

> On a silent road can hear the Left front door rattle faintly.
    > Passenger seat making some weird noise when driven on rough road with a passenger.
    > One of the rear parking sensor has stopped working. (Need to check for loose connections).
    > Need to push the gear lever all the way back to engage the reverse gear sometimes.

Otherwise enjoying every second in the car :car.. Sometimes just to enjoy I take a detour of a extra 2Kms to go home back from office.. :rolleyes: :-D
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  10. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Congratulations Sunith!
    Beautiful beautiful pictures! Your snowy is just gorgeous :)
    1 person likes this.