1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Going from Fiat Enthusiast to Owning a BNW GP 1.3 Emotion-Absolute Edition..!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Sunith, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

The first car buying/owning experience is by far the most memorable event in everyone's life. And buying a Fiat only adds to this feeling.
    Firstly, let me introduce myself, I am Sunith an Automotive electronics Engineer by profession and a Shutterbug by hobby.

My decision to buy a car was quick until which i was planning to buy a RE Thunderbird :), All that changed when i underwent a surgery on my knee for a Ligament tear, Due to this i was not supposed to ride a two wheeler for long distances and traffic. So out went the dream of owning the thumper through the Window.
    But that only got me closer to later own a Italian beauty my Snowy II.

First a little background on my decision,
    I joined my current organisation in 2008 out of college, and that was time my company was associated with the MJD and it still is :). Back then I used to drool over the Opel Corsa and the Fiat Punto 3rd gen which we knew would get the engine. Then in 2009 FIAT launches the Grande Punto in India, I was more happy to see the car in the flesh here, it was the most beautiful looking car in India. There grew a small dream to own one some day, Little did I even imagine i would own one in 2012.
    Also a Fiat Premier Padmini and the Fiat 1100 were owned in the family on the Maternal side. So i guess the Love for Fiat was in the blood all the while . ;)

The buying experience:

The process of choice and elimination began in June 2012, The cars that i considered were

1. Indica Vista VX
    2. Polo Comfortline
    3. Ritz VDI
    4. Beat LT option pack
    5. Grande Punto - Dynamic
    6. Ford Figo Titanium

i-gen I20 and Swift were not considered because both were very common and did not want to own a commonly owned car.

Eliminated:
    Disclaimer : All views are based on a personal opinions.

New Indica Vista VX : A VFM car for any new car buyer, But somehow the taxi/cab image is too hard to shake off from the Indica Badge.
    Reason for elimination :
    Small Boot
    Bad seats
    Centrally placed Instrument cluster

Polo Comfortline : A good looking car, Brand image too strong here, and a descent looker too.
    Reason for elimination:
    Noisy 3 cylinder Diesel
    Service too costly
    Far less equipment list for the money payed
    Also an observation , Logo theft ;) , replacement logo I heard was costly.

Ritz VDI : Again a VFM Car, But the only let down was the rear design really put me off.

Beat Diesel : Good looking entry level Diesel Hatch, Noisy engine, Small Boot, too long gear shift.

Ford Figo : More bang for your buck car with all bells and some whistles missing(Rear power windows) ;). Did not like the old school design and the scary Ford service.

Selected :

Grande Punto 1.3 Dynamic : Loved the car for it design and equipment list. VFM car.
    However was not all +ve's with the GP 1.3, Firstly was really worried in the state of affairs with the TASS, then all my fears were allayed thanks to TFI and its members, the forum has all information about all things Fiat. Also when you like something a lot you tend to overlook its shortcoming. ;)

Now all must be wondering why my title says owning a GP 1.3 Emotion whereas I finalised on buying a Dynamic, The change in the decision happened after i saw CutyRed's incident (http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3-mjd-90-hp/3770-punto-1-3mjd-emotion-pk-90-hp-9.html#post121253)and realized that I will not do any compromise on the safety department.

Before I write and post the buying experience sharing some pictures of my Snowy II.

DSC_7629.jpg
    DSC_7649.jpg
    DSC_7672.jpg
    DSC_7716.jpg
    DSC_7745.jpg
    DSC_7760.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    9 people like this.
  2. Congrats on owning one the hottest hatchback in India...post more pics,and what is the deal that you got??

- - - Merged Post - - -

Congrats on owning one the hottest hatchback in India...post more pics,and what is the deal that you got??
  3. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hey Sunith, Great start to the introuduction of your ride.
    Nice pictures.

Looking forward to hear about your buying experience.
  4. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Continued From Post 1:

Dealer Experience :

Come September and I finalized it was the Punto 1.3 Emotion Absolute. Now was the task for negotiations and running back and forth for finalizing the deal.

Dealer 1 - Aadya Motors (Near house)
    Sales Exec - Parthiban
    Sep 29[SUP]th[/SUP]:
    Went for a test drive of the Emotion variant, the sales exec was courteous to allow me to take a long TD, once we were back at the showroom I was given the quote for 8.3L with Absolute pack and Parking sensors no other discount. Handling charges was given a different name here reimbursable incidental charges .. :)

Dealer 2 - KHT kundalahalli (Near office)
    Sales Exec - Irshad
    Oct 3[SUP]rd[/SUP]
    Did not take the test drive,Just inquired about the details of the vehicle took the brochure and price quote 8.3L with Absolute and reverse parking Sensor, was given affirmation that he can work out more discounts. Said i will call him in a week for the final deal.

Oct 8[SUP]th[/SUP]
    Went to KHT for a another round of negotiation, reached and was waiting for Irshad, he comes and says that he can give a me additional discount of 7k making the total 8.23L(Which was my final deal) also i had asked him to paint the ORVM caps in red to which he obliged.

Took the deal from KHT and went to Aadya to see if they could give me a better deal, but to my disarray they were not committing to the change in the deal and was telling me that once i go for booking that they can give some additional discount, which might or may not happen.

So finally stuck with KHT for the deal offered and after reading number of confidence inspiring reviews on TFI and Mr.Adit's posts on KHT thread.

Booking :

Booked my first car on 19[SUP]th[/SUP] Oct 2 days after my Birthday, And to my dissappointment this was the time that TFI was offline.
    Was told to submit the Loan documents next day, so that the processing could begin as the next week was holiday season in bangalore with Dushera.

Oct 25[SUP]th[/SUP]
    Loan is approved, i call up Irshad about the car he says the car is still not available and by 29th i will get the VIN.

Oct 29[SUP]th[/SUP]
    Got a call from Irshad with the VIN for the car, with the help of the VIN thread found it to be a June Manufactured car, Luckily by this time TFI was back online.
    Immediately asked him I could do a PDI at the KHT yard. Request obliged was at the Yard and saw the car, To my surprise the ODO was reading H 13. completed the PDI checklist and found everything in order. Gave the go ahead.

Oct 30[SUP]th[/SUP]
    Went to SBI Mahadevapura to sign the loan agreement and took the Citibank ECS clearance too on the same day. All set for delivery on Nov 2[SUP]nd[/SUP].

Delivery:

Nov 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]
    Got a call from Irshad that car will be delivered at 5pm. All exited took the bus from ITPL to Cosmos Mall, the time i was in the bus time seemed to go slow. I was frequently looking at the watch. My brother joined me at KHT.
    Saw my car parked at the Delivery bay in KHT, went in finished all formalities, came out and walked around the car this is where i get my first shock.

Shock 1 :
    Part of the absolute pack is not installed , Only the badge and sill plates fixed all other accessories in their rightful place(Read Box and covers), Asked him why the Splash guard was not fixed, got a reply saying the person responsible to fix was on leave and was told to come next day to get number plate and the splash guard fixed.

Shock 2 :
    ORVM painting was not done, As per the deal the ORVM was supposed to be painted E.Red. was told that the vehicle was not available for painting. Also paint requires half a day to dry.
    Was asked to do this along with Shock #3.

Shock 3 :
    Noticed that the glove box is not closing completely. when asked he said please bring the vehicle next day(Which eventually happened on Monday Nov 5[SUP]th[/SUP]) so that the service center guys can fix it.

Thinking that there is no more shocks that i will get, reached home and found next morning that the rear left door was not opening some times from the outside.
    Called up Irshad as said about this issue, and asked about the Number plate. And as I expected number plate still not arrived. So finally agreed that Nov 5[SUP]th[/SUP] all my shocks will be rectified and ORVM will be taken for painting.

Finally Service center review in a Buying experience:

Nov 5[SUP]th[/SUP]

Reach the KHT service center in the evening and called up Irshad, Spoke to Shivram at the service center. He assigns Bharath Service advisor to me, He gives a slot for Nov 6[SUP]th[/SUP] to leave the vehicle with them for
    1. Fixing the splash guards, By this this time the car is all dirty thanks to a small rain over the weekend.
    2. Glove box hanging low.(Lose screw at the latch, BTW this is still not fixed)
    3. ORVM painting.
    4. Rear left door intermittently not opening.(It was a issue with the locking mechanism)

Nov 6[SUP]th[/SUP]
    Morning left the car at KHT to get all issues fixed.
    Was asked to come in the evening to pick up the car.
    Reached in the evening to take the car, and to my disappointment the glove box is still not fixed.
    ORVM still not painted. was asked to come the next day to collect the ORVM and fix the Glove box.
    Took the car without the ORVMs.

Nov 7[SUP]th[/SUP]
    Finally got the ORVMs fixed.

Nov 14[SUP]th[/SUP]

I have completed 400km and getting a Mileage of 10.5KMPL as per the MID in City traffic(Tin factory Mess), Yet to take her out on the open roads. And throughly enjoying the drive with my new B(Ride) Snowy II.

Some pictures to do the talking now.

DSC_7629.jpg
    DSC_7631.jpg
    DSC_7649.jpg
    DSC_7697.jpg
    DSC_7713.jpg
    DSC_7716.jpg
    DSC_7726.jpg
    DSC_7734.jpg
    DSC_7753.jpg
    DSC_7757.jpg
    DSC_7760.jpg
    DSC_7767.jpg
    9 people like this.
  5. 10.5 kmpl with AC on the tin factory road is not too bad,i myself get 12kmpl approx(with heavy foot) on the stretch b/w kr puram to indiranagar on weekdays,and on weekends it rises to 16kmpl:confused

how is the car pad?i really like it v.much...
    1 person likes this.
  6. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

The carpad if used as a navigation device is really good..Although it takes some time to sync with the satellites and lock on your position. :ugeek:
    But if you want to use it as a tab then it is a bad choice, out of the socket it will not last for more than 2hrs.
    BTW i have configured 3G on it, the call and browsing capability is just like any other android phone in the market. It comes with a Android 2.3.2 non upgradable until MMI releases a update for this device specifically. ;):A
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow! Fantastic pics .. Congratulations for the hot hatch!!!!
    1 person likes this.
  8. vish_al

vish_al Timido

Rampur/Shimla
    Congrats

Congrats man.I brought mine on 6th Nov. & BTW very nice pics. You are good at clicking.
    My carpad keeps falling of the windshield at speed breakers:eek:..Is there any other way to fix it properly on glass.??
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations Sunith, and excellent pictures made your report a nice read.
    Please continue to update the thread with your experiences and similar excellent pictures.

Do update your experiences with KHT and Aadya to their respective threads in Dealership section, hope they would read (adit will read for sure) and put some checks from their side.
    2 people like this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Congrats Sunith! Happy motoring! :)

The pictures tell that you are really a Shutterbug, especially those close-up shots. Great pics!
    1 person likes this.