1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gods Beautiful Creation - Snakes!!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by pioneeraaron, Sep 13, 2011.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    TFI members might be wondering that whats wrong with me offlate :D Yashik,Kdar,Fastlove have been watching me closely on facebook.It's bcuz of my passion and love towards SNAKES :p

Got a chance to get through a reputed animal rescue group from mumbai RESQINk!! Immediately got the entry and at day one my training started with snakes.
    Life is not easy with RESQINK.24hrs there are constant distress calls.Even at night 3am we get calls "Sir naag flush mai baitha hai,aap jaldi aaeye" :D "Sir naag basin mai hai,aapk kitne time mai aa sakte ho?" etc etc Some just exaggerate sayin "Sir 12ft ka python hai" On arriving it was a 2.5ft baby python :D Anyways we have to reach asap at the spot otherwise pepl just kill for their safety.We have special permissions from police and traffic cops to not stop at any signal :D and vroom past(this applies for my Linea also) Often people call us "Safera" which is disheartening.Safera's use defanged cobra's for entertainment purposes which is a shame.It's a sincere request to all my fellow members to report to the nearest Police station or PETA if they see a safera entertaining on the streets.

This is just an effort to educate my fellow members on indian snakes :

1.Starting off with rat snakes extremely aggressive and fast movers,commonly mistaken as the cobra and killed brutaly (10ft max length) Also knowsn as "Dhaman" in marathi.

2.Spectacled Cobra : Sometimes aggressive.In captivity can bcome dull in nature wise.Highly neurotoxic venom.Recognised by its so called hood "phan".

3.Wolf Snake : Highly aggressive and a quick mover.Non-venomous but a bite can cause infection.TT is highly recommended.

4.Russell's Viper : Highly agrressive and a fast striker.Highly toxic venom (hemotoxic).Often mistaken as a python.Can be recognised by its loud hissing sound.

5.Stripe Keelback : Extremely agile and calm snake.No harm even when rescued from natural habitat.Only seen during monsoon peroid.It's mostly found in marshy areas.Non-venomous.

6.Checkered Keelback : Extremely aggressive and a quick mover.Non-venomous but a bite can cause extreme pain and burning sensation.TT is highly recommended.Habitat same as stripe keelback.

7.Vine snake : A tree snake.Can be aggressive but calms down quick.Semi-poisonous,bites can cause legs to shiver and headaches sometimes but no death.It camouflages so well that it very very difficult to spot.

8.Bamboo Pit Viper : A calm and unpredictable snake.Mostly a tree snake.A very good camouflager by nature.As its name says its venomous.No deaths reported.

9.Common Krait : Higly Venomous.But extremely calm but unpredictable.Often mistaken as the wolf snake.

10.Indian Rock Python : Aggressive but non-venomous.Feeds on chicken and rat.Mostly everyone knows this chap :D

11.Common/Montane Trinkets : A tree snake.Calm by nature sumtimes aggressive while skin shedding.Non-venomous.It's a delight to watch its striking pose.

12.Bronzeback Tree Snake : Its name does the talking.Semi-poisonous.Calm by nature.

13.Sand Boa : Non-venomous.Found mostly in marshy areas.Have to dig this chap to bring him out :p

P.S : Will always update this thread as i get to know and handle more snakes :D And do not kill if u spot one.Call the nearest fire brigade and they would help u out.

I Would like to keep a Snake show for our fellow members from Mumbai.MODS/MEMBERS can decide a date and lemme know.Only Members and their family members allowed.STRICTLY NO FRIENDS AND RELATIVES.

DSC02835.jpg

DSC01952.jpg

DSC01907.jpg

DSC02083.jpg

DSC02035.jpg

DSC01868.jpg

DSC02135.jpg

DSC02641.jpg

DSC03309.jpg

DSC03440.jpg

DSC03092.jpg

DSC03095.jpg

DSC03411.jpg

DSC02709.jpg

DSC01756.jpg

DSC02520.jpg

DSC02497.JPG

DSC02049.jpg

DSC02053.jpg

DSC02154.jpg

DSC03208.jpg

DSC03205.jpg

DSC02267.jpg

DSC03047.JPG
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
    2 people like this.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @doc

Ya i got it :) thnx doc..hahha i got that doc ;-)
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oops, I edited my previous post as I didn't know you had already posted. See my last post again.
  5. Wow thats loads of info about common snakes found most often here.
    Thier agility makes me loose my sense some time. You got a talent to handle the most feared reptile in the world. Bravo!
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @chethan

Thanx mate :)
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Great work done Aaron, caring for nature always good. You are doing daring things.
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @Tony

Thnx tony :)
  9. omzworld

omzworld

Myself admire snakes a lot and feels good to see people tlike you helping these beautiful creatures.

Amaxing pics by the way!
  10. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Great work Aaron. Really its very informative.
    But I am sure whenever I will have a Sanke in front of me, not even a single bit of this information will come to my mind.
    If it is possible can you please mark the photos of snakes with their names/breed.