1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Goa to chennai route

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sungoa2010, Jul 29, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I am planning to drive from Goa to chennai. I have two options

Option 1: Take a break in Banglore
    Option 2 : Drive continuously to chennai. Since I am driving my alto I may not consider this option.

In Option 1 I have to go to sarjapur road and next day early morning drive to chennai. In this case which is the better route to reach sarjapur road. Should I take outer ring road? Next day Should I take hosur road or kolar road. My prioity is time saving.

In option 2 googlemap shows a route via chittoor without touching banglore.Goa>karwar>Haveri>Chitradurgha , sira>Chintamani>Chitoor>Arcot>chennai>kodambakkam. Is this route advisable.
    1 person likes this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    In either case, my recommendation is Kolar/Chittoor route. Bangalore to Mulabagilu is excellent 4-laned NH 4, presently toll-free. Mulabagilu to Wallajah is very good 2-laned NH 4. From Walljah to Chennai is again excellent 4-laned NH 4 with two toll plazas. Nowadays, I avoid Hosur/Krishnagiri/Vellore route because road-widening work [from 4 lanes to 6 lanes] is in progress with barricades erected in many stretches without any shoulder.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks. In case if I take a break in Sarjapur what about Bagalur>Malur>Kolar>Mulbagal compared to Sarjapur>Hoskote>Kolar. The former looks shorter in map but what about the road condition?
  4. Thanks sun for starting this thread ..

Planning for a 4 day trip in september end with 2 families .. One of the option is Goa ..

Ajit
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    4 days would be too much of driving Ajit. Plan for a 5 day trip.

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

If you are going to break at Sarjapur, better you stick with the Hosur route itself. In my recent trip to Wayanad, I took the Hosur route while returning back. It is not as bad as months ago. It is good and may still be the quickest.
    2 people like this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks ram. But I will not take alto above 100. I have done a quick service thinking that I am going to sell it within one month. So I don't think I can take advantage of the 4 lane highway. What is your opinion. Do you remember the total toll between hosur and chennai?
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It is quite high. May be approximately you would be paying close to Rs. 400 before you reach Chennai. This is another reason why I avoid this route most of the time.
    1 person likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    For a diesel car or a tiny petrol engine like alto this toll comes a non trivial percentage of total fuel cost. If the kolar road is decent it make sense to opt that one.
    Is there any toll in kolar route?
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No. There are two tolls from Bangalore to Mulbagal but, still non-functional. Once you reach Ranipet, you will encounter a Toll there and the next one at Sriperumbuthur.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    go with the Bangalore - Mulbagal route. That road is excellent..
    1 person likes this.