1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Glow plug warning

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by jimmy, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Since I replaced my battery I see some difference, earlier if did not use the car for say a week , then car would feel sluggish to drive fro next 200 kms or so, now after the battery is replaced car doesn't have that issue.
    I don't know whether it is related to weak battery not being able to heat up glowplug?
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Battery/glow plug,has nothing to do with Car feeling sluggish.
  3. Cogweelz

Cogweelz

Bangalored

Thanks Gurjinder. I just saw this issue in my Linea yesterday. But your words gives me some solace as I have a tough office schedule and I am new to the place to find a Fiat dealer immediately(as mentioned in the manual). My service is due in another 4000+. I have no issue starting the engine. Is it ok I wait for my service?
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Leave it as it is till next service. Won't do any harm

In my car a glow plug is broken inside head and head have to be removed to remove plug costing a bomb, would have it attended just before start of winters.
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

That is one of my worst nightmares,how did it break?
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    It was sealed in there due to rust, sprayed lubes and what not before removing it, finally a little extra force and it broke inside.
  7. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Cant v change the Glow plugs for ourself?
    Instead of paying rs.900/plug, planning to get a set of 4 for 2k frm 99rpm and change them at home/local garage.:rolleyes:

Experts comments:confused:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Yes,can be done.
  9. harry2

harry2 Timido

trivandrum
    Friends, you need not pay 900 rs to TASS if your vehicle is under warranty. The glow plugs has been covered in extended warranty too. So if any TASS is asking to pay for the glow plug or changing it then you should deny it and challenge it. If you have extended warranty book you can see its printed that glow plugs are covered under extended warranty. I have changed it two times, but both the time the SA tried to cheat me, i challenged them and they did not took money from me. i have also complained to FIAT india for this issue. This is a revenue event for the TASS so pls be careful if they ask money for glow plugs.
  10. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore

Thnks for the info harry.
    Will check vth FASS tomorrow nd let c the feedback frm them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.