1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Glow plug warning

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by jimmy, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Puntolover, It is sad to know about the failure of glow plug in your FIAT, But happy to know that it is in Extended warranty. wishing you to have a happy service experience..
  2. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

These will fail one day or another. These too have a certain life. Extended warranty really is worth taking. But 3-4 days for approval is something not good. What if more than one glow plug fails ? Do they want us to keep our cars stranded till the so called approval does't come :-| this is bad now
  3. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Puntolover,

Even i had same problem with my car,one of my car glow plug had gone kaput and managed to get this changed under extended warranty.At 1st instance i was refused this to be cover under ex.warranty and then i wrote to service@fiat and in next 2 days i was called at TASS.Part costs around 800/- and its 15 mins job,these plugs are installed under the airfilter compartment,right there we have injectors.

If you happen to glance at extended warranty booklet its very much mentioned there that these plugs are part of ex.warranty.

IMG-20130109-00212.jpg
  4. cooltaurean

cooltaurean Amatore

Mumbai
    well, Fortune motors lived up to its reputation, once again..... firstly kept my MJD 1 full day to fix my glow plug issue. This besides the fact that it takes 15-30 mins to fix this as per multiple threads on TFI. secondly, within 4 days of driving, the glow plug notification starts all over again. i am confused and worried too. if they fixed it then why did it happen again. now am really in 2 minds of going back to them again.
    My service is due in end of April. Should i wait till then. i dont see any problems with the car as such. will this get bad or stay as it is.i need your suggestions.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cooltaurean, as per my understanding, a glow plug is good for 40000km or so. Hence some other glow plug might have gone bad this time.

You can drive without replacing the glow plug. When my first glow plug had gone bad, i continued to use car until my car was due for service.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Recently i had two glow plug failures one in dec and another in january.
    Both failures occured when battery went really weak.
    I was facing ignition slot problem in decemeber and car was lying idle for a few days,and an idiot mechanic came and gave a long crank,and it started with great difficulty,and next time i tried to start her,glow plug error came up,now a few days back,battery gave up completely,after a weak crank,got a new battery and immediately after that another glow plug failed,so i was just wondering if weak battery can be a cause.
  7. puntolover

puntolover Novizio

Bangalore
    Replaced

Hi,

Yesterday plugs got changed under warranty, 3rd & 4th plugs gone kaput.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was told that a glow plug has a life of 35000Km or so.

A glow plug costs Rs875/-

I have had 3 glow plug failures. Had just replaced a glow plug last month and another one has gone kaput 2 days back. :(
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I have replaced one each in December and January.
    Both times i think it was due to really weak battery.
    Final bill comes out to be 1040 including labour for replacement.
  10. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    As per TASS workshop manager If any one failure from 4 , have need replace all together, because he ask when one is failed it was damaged other one also. In my car I have replaced all 4 one by one due to failure all one by one.

Regards.

HIREN
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.