1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Glow plug warning

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by jimmy, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Don't worry... I started facing the issue from 31st March onwards and went to TASS and got it checked and the 3rd plug has died, hence the error. Sad part is that plug not available so have to wait for 2 weeks but Mechanic told that there was nothing to worry.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

3. prihir

prihir Amatore

They didn't charged of replaced glow plug they charged labour for other item . Look first one R/R pillar trim covering.

4. manojnambiar

manojnambiar Novizio

the same glow plug issue startd on my punto, after all lights on instru panel goes off ,engine when started starts normal, but immidiately aftr starting, my glow plug/ heater coil symbol flashes along with a text CHECK GLOW PLUGS flashes on the display for 10-15sec and then goes off, & this being displayed after evry start. even my crank time is normal as before. i have done around 38000kms, is it a real glow plug failure or a weak battery...?.. my consern is wthr it will continue to start or not as i will b able to visit my srvc cntr only few days aftr....
    Anybdy with as imilar issue and got the plug replaced....?
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Its a glow plug failure.
    Get it checked at aftersales,probably one of them is bust,costs around 700-800 bucks and about 20-30 minutes for replacement.
    Car will continue to behave normally,but get it sorted in time.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

It'll start just fine. No worries. Modern CRDI engines don't need glow plugs as badly as the older DI/IDI engines.

In modern CRDI engines like the Multijet, the main function of the glow plugs i believe has more to do with emissions control. Once you start the engine, the glow plug light on the dash might've gone off and the engine running but the glow plugs keep glowing for a preset time to help combustion and reduce emissions. True for all modern diesels.

Ravi, prihir, manojnambiar and 2 others like this.
  7. Gandalf

MH 46
    An Easy way to check heater coils/Plugs is using a Multimeter. Measure the Voltage of the Battery using the Multimeter. Say its 12V .Now keep the Positive terminal of the Multimeter connected to the battery and touch the negative terminal to the Heater Coil . If the Voltage masures 12V the coils is good . If the value is below 11/12 V its time to replace the Heater coil.

To access the heater coil the Engine Cover Needs to be removed.
    2 people like this.
  8. cooltaurean

cooltaurean Amatore

i have this problem since a week. first thing i did , came home and looked up TFI and vola, found this thread. this platform is really helping people beyond imagination. after going through the thread, called TASC yesterday for an appointment.(Fortune motors powai this time since its close by) . I was told that it will take a full day and i would have to leave my car there. As TACS dont open by 8am(time i leave for office) i asked if a pickup could be arranged in the morning and that i could collect it back in the evening(specially since there is always some money to be paid warranty/no warranty). So it was agreed that the car would get picked up today morning. at 6.15pm (15 mins before service agents close their desk) i received a call from Fortune that there will be pickup charges of 100/-:eek::eek:. I told them that I stay exactly 5 buildings away from them and the car is currently under warranty along with further extended warranty and the charge is not justified. i even asked if i could leave the car at TASC at 8am and handover the key to the security but this was not ok with them. after 10 minutes of effort, convincing and pursuing i got a call back from them saying that i wont be charged pickup charges and they would do it for free.:D

Have any of u paid pickup charges?:confused::confused: and does warranty matter in such scenarios.:confused:

so there it is, just off the phone with TASC driver who is on his way to collect my car. hopefully it should go smoothly.;)
  9. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

I used pick up once when my A/C died a month after I bought it. It was done for free as I had complained to the sales folks. After that I have never used pick up services and prefer to deliver it myself and make sure they understand what I need done with the car (and I am still not satisfied!).

PS: A/C died because some rats nibbled the wiring.
  10. puntolover

puntolover Novizio

From yesterday evening i am getting glow plug warming failure display in MID & coil symbol blinking, it will go off after few seconds, today i gone concorde-Mysore road, they checked the same & found one of the 4 plugs are failed, as my punto in extended warranty they have to take approval from fiat, so it will be replaced in next 3-4 days.

When i was talking to person of conorde, enquired about fiat only service station he told, within March there will be 3 fiat S & S in bengaluru by Aadya, prerana & KHT,:clapping may be from March onwards concorde will not service fiat cars.