1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Glow plug warning

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by jimmy, Sep 11, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Jayadev, if you're experiencing frequent glow plug burnouts, then give the glow plug circuit a check.

Maybe it's putting out more voltage than required.
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai

Thanks for making it clear gurujindar. Actually im using my nokia C5(symbian 60! :-() to satay in touch with TFI. So im totally unhappy + lazy to google down all these things!
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    No , it happened only once,that too while taking my car back from free checkup camp.I doubt the service technician messed up something or replaced it with faulty one (don't know the truth) ,then and there they promised me that it wl be replaced under warrenty when new part arrives.But I was disappointed to see "first" issue in my car and hoping that it wont show up again.
    BTW there was no starting problem or any other anomalies .the engine fired in first crank anytime of the day.
  4. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Car sent to TASC day befor yesterday the mechanic checked it and ask "please come after two days because we have heavy lode due to finished of Festival. Thinking will go on Friday but Surprise the error of GLOW PLUG was gone from yesterday evening without any worked done on it. :evilsmile

Now what to do ? Will go to TASC for it or not ? :confused

BR.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

Go there and do a check up - no harm in getting a check up done to make sure that your glow plugs really do not have any issue - if found faulty, you can get them replaced too.
  6. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Issue Solved.

Issue solved. Replace Glow Plug No. 1 which is Short. (as per gurjinder).

On 17th car reached TASC with my Driver. They checked once again and ask that Plug no. 1 is short.

Firstly Mechanic refused to replace it in Warranty . Then i talk with Service Manager about this issue, he told me that he checked matter and call me, after 15 minuets called me and ask that some of parts are not cover in Warranty after complete 1 year, I ask leave as it is I will mail to fiat and clarify it then Repair it, he ask I am just inform you but I do something for you, leave this matter on me with faith, I agree. Then my driver call that they replace it in Warranty. ;)

Now it is ok now.

BR

hiren

GLOW PLUG.jpg
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    good to know your car is fine now, enjoy the beauty
    1 person likes this.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I just had this "Check Glow Plugs" warning. The coil warning light came up roughly 4-5 seconds after starting the engine (all warning lights go off after turning key to mar position except the usual ones, battery, engine oil, brakes and seat belts. This glow plug light comes on only after engine is started. Stays for 20 seconds or so as mentioned by prihir.

There was no issue in the morning when car was taken out by my father.

Will get the system checked the next time I am back in Chandigarh. :(
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @prihir, i didn't got one thing. If your car was under warrenty then why did TASC charged you for labour??
    Have you chacked that with FIAT? "For some parts, only one years warrenty??'' thats strange too! I might be wrong but i believe that warrenty for all parts is for 2years.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here is the photo of the check glow plugs warning on the MID.

glow plug warning.jpg