1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Glow plug warning

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by jimmy, Sep 11, 2010.

1. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    Chaos, u did say to crank the engine after all the "required" lights are off....I hope its fine with those mandatory indicators are still ON in the speedometer before cranking ? And yes, post cranking we shud have a clear display without warning.... is this acceptable ? Not sure how we know which are the mandatory indicators which won't go OFF before cranking
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Manual clearly discribe it in detail.In my case I am getting EOBD system failure light blinks while idling or within first 200-500 meters after cold start.
    This should stay in MAR position and should go after ignition.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Just noticed that my glow plug lights on the car doesn't turn on at all, The car starts absolutely fine. Will need to get this checked with ASC ASAP.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    A quick update on my glow plug issue. Called up VST motors and only got a appointment on December 7th -Tuesday. Wasn't really happy as this isn't a general service, gave a feedback on Fiat website around noon, got a call from VST motors stating that I can visit them tommorow morning, now this is what is customer service. Fiat is seriously trying to improve it's image here, what people have still got only perception, it's the people who have got to come out of the hard shell.

Also got a email from customer service apologising for the same. Now if they only open another service centre in southern part of chennai.
  5. jimmy

jimmy

Bangalore
    Hi
    I didn't check the error code for the same. The issue was there before the first service itself. That means the kilometers was less that 3000 and it was erased in the first service.

Regards
    Jimmy
  6. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Dear All.

I have PUNTO EP MJD . Run 25500 km. From last 4-5 days an error display on when start engine like " Check glow plugs" and also blinking it's shine in yellow, but it was for few seconds only after that both was hide.

I have just run around 700 km after this issue due to Festival all TASC was closed.

Any idea about it ? :confused:

hiren.
  7. Hi Prihir,

When you say the glow plug light is flashing "all the time" do you mean it flashes the whole time you are driving, or just for 10 seconds after you have turned the ignition on? If its just for 10 seconds after you have turned the ignition on, then it means there is a fault in your cold start system (glow plugs) most probably due to one or more glow plugs having died. Is the car still starting fine? or does it take a long time to start?

The bulb light will most probably be down to a bad earth in the lights. Hve you turned all the lights on and then put your hazards on to see if you are getting any interference between the indicators and rest of the lights. Also get someone to press the brake pedal with the headlights on to see if the break lights are effecting the other lights.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  8. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Firstly when key in MAR there is all functional lights are on. Then start engine and it was fine, no long self of no long time. When engine stared after 2-3 seconds the massage come on display and similar the notification light of glow plug blinking. There after 20-30 seconds the massage gone and also notification light of glow plug is off. All other lights are fine.
    I have tried all time like in day with temp. of 35 deg. and at night and morning with temp. of 25 degree. but all same. Engine temp. also fine like as usual.
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    In my Punto MJD Active the lgiht symbol in yellow glows when I apply the reverse gear, but in few seconds it disappears in reverse gear and everything is normal. I am not sure what the reason might be. I have checked the reverse light and it is working fine.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @prihir
    One (or more) of the glow plugs would've shorted out. Just get it replaced whenever you go for the service.

Common Rail Diesels dont require glow plugs as badly as the older ones. Does it start up easy in the morning?

If yes, worry not, enjoy driving as it is till the car goes for the service.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
    sanfiat likes this.