1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Glow plug warning

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by jimmy, Sep 11, 2010.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Just to reconfirm, this log is from Punto? Cause there is linea mentioned in it. I understand there are common nomenclatures for engine identification. Also how did you extract this. Which software? And also does torque pro allow for example to dump logs on phone or actually read these and show for example the cylinder number. This has code ending with 3 so guess it's cylinder 3. Do suggest. Thanks..! :)
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  2. apatelhardik

apatelhardik Timido

India
    Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi, My linea is now 96000 Km on Odo, recently i have faces some issue

radiator leakege (repaired, but still leaked), now trying in local market as due to 2009 model KALE make is not available in FASS, last way to buy it from 99rpm cost is arround Rs.8500

Oil mixed in Coolant, either need to change Oil Cooler then Head Gasket as per Mechanic suggested. Car already in workshop, as per local mechanic if its oil cooler issue then its of, the cost may be 4K but is head gasket need to be replaced the cost is high.

Engine Starting problem in Morning, as Heater coil light glow start for 2-3 seconds then stop and after 2-3 three long attempt car will be start then after coil light start glowing for 15-20 seconds, i have read this full Discussion and try search glow plug , in amezon bosch make one glow plug available at Rs.610, but in 99rpm it cost is more then Rs. 900 i am confused from when to buy it. and how can identify that which glow plug need to replace,

i have drive car some 2-3 Km with high temperature is that possible for blow of head gasket ? if need to change it how much cost need to done it. car also exust white smoke for some time when i start then it changed in black smoke, car also comsumed oil very much. mechanic said sale it as i have to spent big amount in upcoming time.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @asimpleson
    Yes the log is from Punto, ecu can be scanned by selecting punto international or linea. I used ELM327 cable and Fiatecuscan(now known as Multiecuscan) on my laptop. It just gives generic code that glow plugs are not working, plugs have to be checked by using multimeter or some desi method used by mechanics using bulb and wire connected to battery.

@apatelhardik
    Ask the ASS to place order for kale radiator should reach with week after placing order.
    Fiat oem plugs are bosch it costs more in fiat ass because they come packed in fiat packing. Change all four plugs at same time or you would have to visit workshop multiple times within a short interval for same problem all 4 plugs go at almost same time.

If head gasket needs to be changed costs depends upon the head gasket present in your car.
    Work required to be done if head gasket is changed :
    1. Head Gasket:- There are 3 type of gasket used each have different height according to piston projection from block. The costliest one is 1.8k.
    2. Lathe work :- The block and head would be checked for straightness and if they have warped they would need to be worked upon lathe machine its cost depend upon shop.
    3. Bolts holding the head would also need to be changed they cost around 2k.
    4. Injector copper washer and seal approx 500.
    Work depending upon wear and tear found after opening :
    1. Valves :- Valve seals 800 and inlet and exhuast valves all 16 valves cost around 3k only valves which have wear would require replacement.
    2. If engine have overheated bearing clearances in block would have to be checked and cylinder wall, piston and rings too would need to be checked. Better to replace with new block for complete peace of mind if any problem is found in block cost around 50k.
    asimpleson likes this.
  4. apatelhardik

apatelhardik Timido

India
    Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    here i was upload images of coolant box. i have already places order for radiator on 99rpm.com and expected of delivery within 2-3 days. as per they said. lets see what happened after replacement of Oil Cooler and radiator. hope head gasket will be ok.

IMG_20151208_204823.jpg

IMG_20151208_204823.jpg
  5. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Hi All,

I'm also facing Glow Plug Issue in my 2010 Linea. Earlier 'Check Glow Plug' warning used to surface randomly. I got it checked and found that 2 Glow plug had gone kaput. Got the two replaced (with BOSCH India Make). For 1 day, the warning didn't come up; but post that, it come every time I start the car. I blinks for 10 sec or so and then goes off. No Issue in starting. (Got the battery health checked up as well).

Went again to get the glow plug checked, none of the glow plug was faulty and all are working. (My car has now 2 BOSCH and 2 BERU glow plug) The technician suspects, the different brands might not be compatible and may be causing issue. The TIMER and Circuit has also been inspected (no issue found).

Could any body advise, what could be wrong??
    Glow Plug Checked
    Battery Strength Checked
    Timer / Wiring Checked
    Scanned - No Error Found
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Even I have this glow plug issue in my Punto.

@metal_heart you said that FASS is procuring OEM glow plugs. Have they been installed?

I am planning to get the plug issue checked tomorrow. Let me see which make glow plug are used/replaced?
  7. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    No not yet. Waiting for it.
    Please keep us updated, when you get yours changed. Also, do note the make of old and new (if you can)
  8. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi all my Linea mjd is 22 months old and had run 27K, glow plug warning has been there for two days. Took it to Marvel Fiat, Erode, on checking one of the four has gone.
    So they changed it and charged me 1150 including labour.
    Even though I have extended warranty as well. They say glow plug warranty is for one year only, is it correct???
    And why this problem in just 27k and is it normal.Tech heads can you throw some light on this...
  9. PuntoMan

PuntoMan Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey,
    I got mine done under extended warranty few months back. Nothing paid from my pocket, except I think consumables. Please check with the service center again. My Punto is more than 3 years old and at the fag end of the extended warranty, yet I got it done under warranty. Yours should be covered as well.
  10. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks for the timely reply@ PuntoMan, will definitely go through owners manual and check with FASS