1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Glow plug warning

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by jimmy, Sep 11, 2010.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Get it checked for battery strength on Fiat Examiner (scanner) at SC. Probably the battery could hold up some more time before it gives up. It is possible that there was some battery discharge and the problem could not appear another two months also.

EDIT: http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/car-with-lock-sign-on-mid-in-my-punto-mjd-active.8958/page-2

Read post no. #13 particularly.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thank you simpleson.
    It is not possible to get it checked at SC,since mine is 45 kms away and the car is due for 100 kms travel tomorrow and tomorrow is a holiday.
    I shall look in the manual as well.
    Thanks
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 25, 2014 ---
    Oh, thank you for the link,saw that after posting the message.
    My battery is only 8 months old and the car underwent a free check up only 3 weeks,so the fluid level should be correct,I shall check it.
    It should be some random warning.
    Thanks a lot, it helped.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Any battery can deteriorate. I had an Exide Matrix (supposedly better batteries) which died within a year and was offered a replacement for the same. About time you also check you alternator charging current under full load with AC and Radio and Headlights. The local mechanic/electrician could be helpful.

Even if battery health is deteriorated (can be checked by a special tester) you could ask for a replacement.
    Bala likes this.
  4. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi all

I have this glow bulb warning comes up and keep blinking for few seconds (15 to 30 seconds) when engine is running and goes off. Also the message check glow bulb in MID as well.

I just want to know how serious is it? Can it wait until this weekend? I have a 100 km drive tomorrow for a pooja.

Experts - pls suggest.
  5. Ashwajatha

Ashwajatha Timido

Bangalore
    Hi, I did have this problem last month got it rectified it would cost you around 1000 INR inclusive of labor and Glow Bulb, I suggest you to get it replaced quickly since there would be 4 Glow Bulbs and you never knew how many of them would have gone, if you lose more around 3 glow bulbs i heard your car wont start.
  6. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    It is not Glow Bulb; it is Glow Plug. Please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glowplug.

Glow plug warning should show up when you are about to start the engine at MAR ignition key position; not when it is running. May be some loose contact? Please take it to FASC for investigation.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi - yeah, I had that replaced under my extended warranty. Glow plug warning was kept coming during starting and continue to blink for 2 - 3 mins in running also atleast in my car.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday(After 4 years 2 months,143,000 Kms ) i too got this message on display,after going through this thread, doesnt feel anything serious to worry.

Will visit FASS on weekend and will get replace the faulty one.
  9. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Ask supervisor and mechanic to handle it with care, in my case car running on 3 plug from 1 and half year due to one damaged plug brock in body during opening and now if i want to change it, have to open head of engine.
    Ganges likes this.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last week, got "check glow plug" error message after close to 3 years of ownership & @42,000 kms on odo. Planning to replace under EW.

Yes, it isn't a serious problem. But, what I have noticed is with a faulty glow plug, chances of failure of others is more.
    Ganges likes this.