1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Glow plug warning

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by jimmy, Sep 11, 2010.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Please search the forum first. The topic has been discussed already. How old is the punto. Does the car give problems like longer self-start..?

As name suggests could be a problem with one or more glow plugs that need to be changed.

- - - Merged Post - - -

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/engine-compartment/3713-check-glow-plug.html

^^ Post here in the relevant section.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even I got this Glow Plug warning yesterday. Now I read your post and it clarifies all doubt.
  3. Nikhil Kalantre

Nikhil Kalantre Timido

Pune, India
    Hi,

I've Linea which has done little above 20,000 Kms and was getting similar warning and amber color light.

While doing the 3rd Free servicing I got it changed. I was told that one plug was at fault and it was replaced.

While doing the inspection, the guy who came for inspection told me that it may charged Rs.800 to Rs.1000/-, but when I got the bill it was showing Rs.200 with some fitting charges.

The plug is a shape of a long metal nail, situated at the front panel of engine.

Hope this helps...
    Ravi likes this.
  4. yash.khd

yash.khd Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys..I got my fiat Punto 1.3 MJD last December and clocked around 16.5K till date. Today morning I started to get "Check Glow Plug" message. I know there is no emergency here and besides I'm not facing any starting problem. The thing that worries me is how Glow plugs died so soon. In general it should last for approx 35k-40k. I had my service a month back. May be some change here and there.
    The question I have is can any bad driving habit can cause this to happen..?
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Not at all. No link between them.

cheers.
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    If ur car is starting in the morning without any issue, no problem at all. U can get it done at the next service. More ever if u in extreme cold place u should get it done asap.
  7. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Hi, I don't know but i feel whenever my car comes back from service, there is one issue or other that comes up..its just been a month since service and I have started getting " Check Glow Plugs" message. blinks for a few times and then goes off. No porblem in starting in the morning. In Delhi the winters are approaching so don't want to be in a position that on an imprtant day gets stranded because of this... How can I check that the issue is big enough to go for service center and get it changed... and how much is the expense for this?
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If Check Glow Plug is coming each time in start, do get it replaced. Normally should not cause any issues, but with Delhi Freezing temperature in winter, better to get it replaced.
    The cost is ~850-900 per plug.
  9. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Since my Mjd linea was idle for 2 weeks,today I started the engine to keep the battery alive.
    On turning the ignition an yellow indicator light in the shape of a lock came up.What is that,is there anything to worry?
    The same light came up 2 years back while the car was in motion and dissappeared after the car was stopped for a moment and restarted.
    Is this indicator related to something in the engine?
    Help guys.