1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Getting New FIAT Punto 90HP MJD ER-Red on 13th Apr.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rajesh@TeamFiat, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Rajesh@TeamFiat

Rajesh@TeamFiat Timido

Hey Guys,

This is Rajesh from Bangalore. Have booked Punto 90HP MJD and its being delivered on this Saturday 13th April.

Booked the car in Chennai and will be driving to Bangalore on the same day.

Need expert's suggestion about DO's and DONT's on new car. Like what's the speed that we should maintain, how long can a new car been driven. Also any polish kind of thing can be applied on car etc,.

Thanks & Regards,
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Hello and welcome aboard.

Congrats on the new car.

Please do the proper PDI. You can find the PDI check list document in this forum.

As per the guidelines for driving the new car (repeating what experts have said here) for first 1000Kms, do not rev up the engines hard. Be soft and smooth with it. Also driving above 100 is not an good option too. Check the AIR of the tyre before going for long drive. Again you can get Dos and Donts about the long drive here.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Rajesh, Congrats for your beast. These days engines are pre run. Having said that, don't treat the new car harshly. Drive normally and vary rpm periodically. Don't drive in a particular rpm for prolonged duration. Before taking delivery, ensure that all fluid levels are correct Happy and safe Puntoing
  4. Welcome to tfi rajesh.

Congrats on your purchase..
    Try to keep the rpm needle below 2.5k, other than that everything should be fine.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Rajesh@TeamFiat

Rajesh@TeamFiat Timido

Hey Guys, Thank you all for your suggestions. I will treat my beast wisely and also will post pics of my new car once I got it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2013
  6. govindankvs

govindankvs Novizio

Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats and have a wonderful Trip with the Grande....

Just maintain proper pressure in the tyres, and dont exceed the Rpm by 2500, and do proper change of gears as required for the first 1000 Kms,
    After that the Beast is yours awaiting for the 90 horses to pull You.
  8. Hey Rajesh.. Congratulations on the purchase and its great to have a long drive in a newly bought ride... :) Nothing comes close to that feel..! ;) Drive safe brother. Cheers.
  9. Rajesh@TeamFiat

Rajesh@TeamFiat Timido

Hi Buddy, It Feb 2003 model. Dealers told me nothing about 3 years warranty. Could you elaborate little bit on that please, so that I will raise it with the dealer.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

We have a member who drove his 90hp from Delhi to Nagpur on the day of delivery itself.

Just drive normally. As pointed out already, do not stick to one constant rpm for long stretches and do not limit yourself to 2500rpm religiously. Say if u need to punch it during overtaking, dont hesitate to do so . These cars are meant to be driven long distances.

2 people like this.