1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Getting an March Made vechicle ?......Is that ok

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by santhukp, Aug 22, 2011.

1. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    I have booked my punto 1.2 Emotion Petrol

I just got my VIN no.It says it is March 2011 Made.When i asked question they are telling its petrol model and it is slow moving ... Please advice wht to do ?:eek:
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If its mar made, the car must be with dealer from long time.
    Did you do the PDI on car. Its very important.

If you are not confident, don't take it. Try with other dealers in your city.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Santhu, yes petrol Punto are a bit slow moving here in Punjab region for sure. Don't know about your area. 19/20 Punto are diesel ones here.
    Personally, I would have refused to take a March 2011 made Punto in Aug 2011.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    if car is in good condition, no rust no scratches , damn sure its brand new factory condition then no problem to buy it.
    you can also ask for discounts :)
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    In my opinion its better to stay away from an old vehicle. Try with another dealer and before booking ask for the month of manufacture so that you do not have to go through this ordeal again.

By the way, did you opt for the diesel for petrol scheme. One of the clauses in the scheme states that the booking cannot be cancelled
  6. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    I can't cancel the booking.I have particiapted the contest ... Don't know wht to do ?....
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    From which city are you?
    Booking can't mean they can force you old car, but before that do the inspection of the car, as per PDI checklist, and see if everything is fine.
    Or ask dealer to give you new car.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Fellow member ramjn is also considering to move his booking to another dealer. You can consult him on this clause in the diesel for petrol scheme
  9. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    I am from Bangalore...

Waiting for the dealer's reply. They havn't said anything .They asked for sometime
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2011
  10. even if you get a new car from the factory you will be eligible for the offer.
    better get a new car from a fresh batch than march!!
    use the PDI checklist if you finalise this car itself.
    plus it might be of some help if you can take any TFI member for the PDI