1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Get ownership details of a vehicle using the Vehicle registration number

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Umesh Prasad, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Umesh Prasad

Umesh Prasad

Delhi
    We can now know the ownership details of a vehicle using the Vehicle registration number instantly through SMS.

Send a SMS to 09212357123 typing vahan <space> <regn number="" without="" space="">
    You would get the following information instantly.

Also you can get the details from :-

https://vahan.nic.in/nrservices/faces/welcome.jsp
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have checked, its excellent application. But this works only if the registration is in digital form, means for newer vehicles.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    But why do some one know the details of other person? It should be accessible to cops. Don't you think it can be used for crimes. One can always note down the number and report it to cops.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    How did you check this Ravi? Did you try the text option or the weblink? I tried the weblink but did not work.

I did know about this long back on the text option. But, that service has been discontinued now. Even when that was working, it won't show the owner's address. It will display name and registration date and its expiry.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It has benefit to others as well, like if I am buying any 2nd hand car, you would know exactly who were the previous owners.
    Or, if you have taken a loan for your car, after paying the loan, you can confirm that car is not hypothicated to bank and its on own name.

Yes I have checked (https://vahan.nic.in/nrservices/faces/search/publicSearchDetails.jsp) and it gives correct result, for me.
    4 people like this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I think it will only be useful when we are buying a used car as the weblink is asking for the last 5 digits of the chassis number as well.

Did you anyone try the SMS option? To my knowledge, that service has been discontinued and I tried that a month back and it did not work.
  7. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Tried just now.... It has only expiry and mv tax upto
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    On a different note: They can integrate the vehicle registration nation-wide. Why are they not doing this for road tax? Why are we asked to pay road tax each state?
    Though law says that you can get the refund when you pay tax in another state, it is a long and tedious process, because of which you finally give up!
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    That is a black hole. Once money gone means there is no way it come Now days tax department had undergone tremendous improvement. When this RTO will improve?
  10. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Tried just now... Dint work Text option for me... :confused