1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Planning a trip to Shirdi over the weekend. Whats the best route (Road Conditions and traffic)

1. Thane - Igatpuri - Ghoti - Sinner - Shirdi
    2. Thane - Igatpuri - Nasik - Yeola - Shirdi
    3. Any other suggestion.
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    oh thats great arishi. Thanks for opening this thread which i was about to. Even i'm planing trip to shirdi but not untill 8th Dec. as my exams are still going on. I have been to shirdi many times by my car via Sinner road you mentioned above, but not with my Linea till today. So i'm pretty curious about road conditions. Lets see if any one can put light on it.
  3. i will suggest you to go by the Thane - Igatpuri - Ghoti - Sinner - Shirdi route. I recently during diwali went by that route and was amazed to see it in such a nice condition...last time i had gone using the same route 1 year back and it took me 15 hrs o come back to navimumbai)...this time i went to shirdi-shani-ahmednagar-pune and back to vashi in 14 hrs!!!.... even i couldnt believe it....this route is full makhan now.... took me 4:15 hrs to reach shirdi...and will also save you 30 kms in case you prefer the 2nd route
  4. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    WHEN I WENT THROUGH THAT ROUT IN JAN2011 it was in very bad stage i came home with creaked and beaded alloys and damaged 2 tyres :(
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Why dont you take Mumbai Pune Expresshighway and then Pune Nagar Shirdi Road.

You will 4 lane road from Mumbai to Nagar and from Nagar to Shirdi road condition is good.
  6. yes i myself was surprised to see the road in such a good condition..actually me and my wife had packed our luggage because i was pretty much sure that i wont be able to do both shirdi and shani in one day and come back...we had also requested our neighbour to lit diyas since we wont be able to come back...:)

but we did it ourselves only since we came back the same day....
    635 kms in a day and it was fantastic ride
  7. Route via the Pune Expressway & Nagar is surely a very good one, I was planning to take that on my return journey. I was planning Trimbakeshwar - Shirdi - ShaniShingapur trip and return via Nagar - Pune route.
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    This is an excellent road. I just did a Mumbai-Shirdi last month via this route. It took me 4.5 hours of actual driving time only. This has been my fastest Shirdi trip (one-way) and it's all thanks to the excellent road. It makes for awesome drive too, owing to the curves et al.
  9. Came back yesterday night. I took the Thane- Ghoti- Sinner- Shirdi- Shanishignapur- Ahmednagar- Pune- Thane route. There is very small patch of road between Sinner and Shirdi that needs to be tackled. Overall the road conditions are great.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=19.255074,72.984536
  10. arunk

arunk

Chennai
    Guys from Chennai, I'm seeing quite an increase in the number of Punto's on road here in the last one/two months. Before that i hardly see any Puntos on road and now i'm seeing as many as two or three per day and in all available colors from Fox Trot Azure to Minimal Grey to all.

Did the sales figure has gone up after these huge discounts Fiat is offering on Petrol models :rolleyes:. Any thought's???

Rgd's
    Arun K