1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. vijay822002

vijay822002

Gurgaon
    Hi All,

I am Planning to go to Shirdi-Goa this weekend i.e On saturday. I am Thinking of taking jaipur-ajmer-pratapgarh-dhule-manmad-SHIRDI-pune-kolhapur-GOA.

The Reason for choosing this route is that i already done gurgaon-udaipur 1 1\2 year ago. then the route was good and enjoyable.

I need your valuable suggestions here. Regarding the route, places to stay and places to see. Your expertise will do help me a lot.

Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Cheers
    Vijay
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Vijay I can help you for Pune to Kolhapur route. Its amazing four lane route. Lots of places to visit on that highway.
  3. vijay822002

vijay822002

Gurgaon
    Thanks kedarbendre... For your quick reply.

Can you please elaborate on that....

Cheers
    Vijay
  4. vijay822002

vijay822002

Gurgaon
    Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in updating thread.

Completed the trip as planned. Total distance covered 4150km.

The route was Gurgaon-Jaipur-Ajmer-chittorgarh-Neemuch-Ratlam-Dhar-Manmad-Shirdi-Pune-Kolhapur-Amboli-Panjim-Baga Beach(Goa).

While Coming Baga beach- panjim-Kolhapur-Pune-Nashik-Indore-Ujjain-Ratlam-neemuch-chittorgarh-ajmer-jaipur-Gurgaon.

I didn't face any problem with the car. It was like dream come true. Overall Got a average of 16 kmpl. This includes, spirited driving through out and some bad traffic jams and one night 4hrs sleep with AC ON in a petrol bunk at shirdi. (Didn't get a room in shirdi)

Overall trip was very good. But I faced some problems while the return route.

The major thing was that i cover 1600km in 30hrs which include some breaks for food and 2hrs sleep in a petrol bunk.

I will update with some nice pictures and my experience in due course.

Cheers
    N.Vijay
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Vijay you came to Pune :) I wanted to meet you.

Awaiting for pics.
  6. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Hi Guys ,
    Can anyone of you give me feedbacks as to whether doing the Lucknow to Delhi trip as a solo drive is safe or not? I mean how are roads and the traffic ? And is it comfortable to drive solo without any co-passenger ?
    How much time does it take normally and what is the best time to start from lucknow? I was planning to drive my car from lucknow to new-delhi the next week; though its still not decided but wanted your feedbacks.

Thanks in advance,
    Vivek
  7. ameysane

ameysane

Mumbai
    Hi,
    I am planning to drive from Mumbai - New Delhi (AUTO EXPO) - Himachal - Mumbai trip.
    Any suggestions about which places will be reachable during second week of January?

I am more interested in places which are less famous & good for photography.

Vehicle options are Linea MJD / Figo Diesel / Xylo

Available time : Between 5 to 8 Days Delhi to Delhi
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hi Amey even I am also planning to visit Delhi Auto Expo, but confused if I travel by flight or drive to delhi in Punto 90HP.

PM me your mobile number we will discuss offline :).
  9. ameysane

ameysane

Mumbai
    Only one reply in 2 days ? ? ? ?

Suggestions please ! ! ! !
  10. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Hello All,

I am planning to go to shirdi this saturday. I have already booked the darshan passes for 9:30AM Slot. Planning to take Nagar Route. Can anyone give me a good idea of the road quality post nagar? I have heard that post rahuri the roads are not good at all. I somehow do not want to go by Sangamner route. Don't want to waste my precious time in traffic jams there.