1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Choose route via Nagar. You can visit Ranjangoan Ganpati also. :)
  2. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Actually I am planning to visit Shingnapur also, so I would prefer to take NH50 while going and while returning will take Nagar road. But I am not sure about the road quality of NH50.
    If anyone been through to NH50 recently, kindly advice.
  3. Prateek

Prateek

Delhi
    Hello People

I am a first timer to this forum. Good to see the Fiat owners in the country having a common platform :)

I am planning a road trip from Delhi to Miraj (i.e. about 235 Kms south of Pune), in which I will be the lone driver. I have read a lot on the internet about mapping along NH 8 (Delhi-Mumbai) for Delhi-Pune sector.

I want to know if someone has experience for NH 3 (Agra-Mumbai). What can be a better choice between NH 8 and NH 3?

Also suggestions are welcome for places/spots to stay for the night. My plan would be to break in between for one night, both while going and coming back.

Does anyone see the merit in taking NH 8 and NH 3 each while going/coming back?

Await feedback/suggestions.

Cheers!
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I did use NH3 a couple of years back when I was travelling from Bharatpur to Pune. It was a TERRIBLE experience.

Use NH8. The stretches on the Rajasthan - Gujarat border are awesome !!
  5. drarvindc

drarvindc

Nagpur
    HI Prateek,

Last year I drove from Delhi to Nagpur and we avoided the via agra route. we came via this route >> http://goo.gl/cPwsu . This was choosen based on feedback from relatives driving on the via agra route, so we avoided it completely and came very well and in comfort.

I also spent 2 years at Mhow (near Indore) for my Post-graduation which is on the bhopal-indore-pune / mumbai route and not sure of current status but it was bad bad road that time (2002-2004), plus 2 lane highway mostly.

I would recommend coming via jaipur-vadodara-mumbai route... thats the route i have finalized for one of my planned trips, the roads are good mostly 4 lanes. If i am not wrong the difference in distance would be hardly 100-150 kms but you will save a lot on time and FE on that route. Recently i read someone's review Jaipur-Goa via Pune and the guy was all praise for the road condition. Let me try to search for the link for you.

Update : http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?2003-Jaipur-to-Pune << check this.

Recent update on Delhi gwalior route >> http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?2029-Delhi-Gwalior-Road

Arvind
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Better you choose Delhi---Jaipur---Ahemadabad----Mumbai---Pune.

You can contact our Team member Cubbie. He just visited Pune from Jaipur. From Pune you have Banglore highway to reach Miraj.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Miraj is is 237km from Pune. You can take NH4. You can take following route from Pune

Pune--Satara--Karad--Peth--Aashta--Sangli--Miraj.

Road till Karad is fantastic (NH4). After that you will get state highways.
  8. Prateek

Prateek

Delhi
    Thank you Arvind, it looks NH 8 is a clear winner from the reviews above/threads/elsewhere. Indeed the distance would be more, but you dont mind covering few extra kms driving rather than getting stuck in non/slow moving traffic.

Thanks Kedar! Cubbie's review was definitely helpful; lucky him, he could manage a 15 day break.

I have to restrict the entire travelling to about 7 days, so still figuring out the breaks in between / pit stop(s) for the night. Do you think doing 800-900 kms in a day is possible for this stretch, keeping in mind I would be the only one driving?
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes it is possible but for that you need to leave home early morning. ASAP.
  10. vks

vks

Bangalore
    I hope the rains haven't washed off these roads - I am planning to take this route on 12th August.. starting from Pune on 10th evening...