1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Pramit

Pramit Amatore

Hyderabad
    Oh totally man ! one of the best roads .. i recently did Hyd - Mum - Hyd. There was only one thought in my mind while I was at the wheel ... Wish this road was a good as the B'lore stretch !
  2. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    [attachment=0:3hytk5ir]IMG_0061.jpg[/attachment:3hytk5ir]hi buddies
    my plan is to visit the cardamom estate in madikeri, though i had only telephonic conversation with the estate owner once, yet we received a tremendous hospitality.my brother,my friend, me and my small friend.
    foto pitstop before mysore.we started our alloys rolling at 4:00 am.Reached krishnagiri @7:14am.
    usually i dont plan too much for a voyage,we didn't even book a hotel. we throughly used the boot,we stuffed our wardrobe for two days.

we had a breakfast @ hosur around 8:30am,we couldn't maintain the average speed due to heavy truck traffic movement.our ovi map navigator got confused around bangalore entrance.somehow caught up on ring road towards tumkur.
  3. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Hi Guys,

I am planning for a trip to kerela in March for 5-6 days.
    Initial plan is to spend 2 nights in Munnar, 1-2 in Thekkady and 1 in Allepey.
    Please suggest me the good hotel/resort options.

Gaurav Mittal
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In Allepey you can take Lake Palace Resort, they have their own boats which will take you to the resort. They have villas and house boats too. Depending on your taste you can go for either of it.

Few years back I stayed in an S N Hotel in Munnar, I am not sure if it still exist, if it does then I would suggest it.

Thekkady needs just 1 day, its not worth 2 days, but cant help you with any resort/hotel for the time being.
  5. You have a full tank and an empty road ahead of you, where would you take your Fiat?
    I would Like to go Delhi to Pune-Pancgani -Goa.
    What a dream trip,it would be:)
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    on a nascar circuit. would love to exploit the handling of my linea. ::D :steering
  7. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I would like to take her to every hill station of the country - shimla , manali , darjeeling , ooty , munnar , kodaikanal etc .. ::T ::D

Bt this would require more than one full tank ::O ::O

Dlp
  8. i ve 2 trips in mind
    1. chandigarh - delhi-pune-goa
    2. chandigarh-manali-leh, ladakh
  9. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Last week I had a long trip Mumbai - kolhapur - goa - & back , 1650 kms. , Amazing ride , handling , perfect cooling. will post snaps later nxt week.
    my 1.3 e.pk. completed 6005 kms. I was surprised to experience the butter smootheness after 5k running.

Any long dist. run in India ( with at least 4persons ) I would prefer to take my car instead of train !

Atul
  10. We, a family of 3 adults and 1 child,is planning to spend a few days during the first week of April.

After small discussions among ourselves, we've shortlisted few places.

1) Ramakkalmedu.
    2) Valparai.
    3) Rameshwaram via Madurai.

- We have 4 days and 3 nights at our disposal.
    - We'll be doing this trip in our Fiat Grande Punto.
    - We'll be starting our journey from Tirurangadi, nearly 30 kms from Calicut.
    - We'll be visitng Kodaikanal during the last week of this month. ie, No Kodai this time. ::D
    - The days does not include weekends. (For the record, it is from Tuesday to Friday)

It would be great if anyone could guide me with the weather condition, road conditions, route details, important places of interest and good budget accomodation. Also please share with us the better scenic routes.

Please pour in your suggestions. Thanks in advance. :)

PS: Extra info on these places are most welcome.