1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You will have rough ride from Vellore to Tindivanam. Lot of road works.
    Instead do Vellore-Kanchipuram-Mamallapuram-Puducherry and visit places at Kanchipuram and Mamallapuram as well.
  2. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Or you can do Vellore - Kanchipuram - Chengleput then take the four laner to Tindivanam and then to Pondicherry.

There are lots of hotels to stay in Pondy depending on your budget like the Richmond, Atithi, Accord and if you look around you could get a very good rate. The resorts would be more expensive and away from the main city.

Should be comfortably done in 3 to 3.5 hours.
  3. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    A connected query -
    I took this route last time (2012 Diwali):- Indore-Dhule-Malegaon-AhNagar-Pune-Satara(Halt)-Kolhapur-Belgaon-Dharwad-Dawangere-Chitradurga-Tumku-Bangaluru-Krishnagiri-Vellore.

This time I am starting from Mumbai and looking for different route to include Mantralayam (AP) with one halt. Is it doable? I mean in view of road conditions. I understand Pune-Solapur road is good, isn't it? Further, Akkalkot-Gulberga-Yadgir-Raichur-Mantralayam? Further to Vellore -> Mantralayam-Adoni-Bellari-Anantpur-Madanpalle? I can stay at Mantralayam?

If nothing works out, I shall take the earlier route straight via Bangaluru.

Looking for guidance. Thanx in advance.
  4. Unmesh Deshpande

Unmesh Deshpande Timido

Nagpur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello All,

I am planning our winter vacation to Rann of Kucch (hope I spelled it right) in the last week of December 2014. I need help and pointers on the road conditions on this circuit. I do Nagpur to Pune (725 Km) in about 9:30 to 10:00 regularly on my Punto 1.3 75 HP. I plan to use the following route:
    1. Nagpur
    2. Amravati
    3. Akola
    4. Jalgaon
    5. Dhule
    6. Surat
    7. Vadodara
    9. Ahemedabad

I will driving with my family so self, wife, & two Sons (20 & 10 Years)

Anny and all pointers will be very helpful

5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The road is an excellent 6-lane NH 8 with plenty of road-side amenities including superb NE1 Vadodara-Ahmedabad Expressway and Sardar Patel Ring Road. Expect a traffic jam at Narmada bridge at the Bharuch bypass. I don't know the road conditions between Nagpur and Surat & Ahmedabad and Rann of Kutch.

Regarding stay, you have the option of staying at Ginger Hotels in all the three cities; In Surat, you have to drive ~27 km perpendicular to NH 8 to reach Ginger inside Surat. In Vadodara and Ahmedabad too, Ginger is located at the heart of the cities.
  6. Unmesh Deshpande

Unmesh Deshpande Timido

Nagpur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tons of thanks Ravi... The gray area for me on this patch is between Akola & Surat as this constitutes to about 50% of the distance. I hope some one here is experienced on this path and advice me accordingly.
  7. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    5-6 i travelled few months back. Road condition is good in patches. As numerous diversions are their. Second between bardoli and surat you hit lot of two wheeler and tata ace traffic
  8. Unmesh Deshpande

Unmesh Deshpande Timido

Nagpur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Himanshukumar.... will keep this in mind
  9. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    I am hoping that some member from Gulberga/ Raichur / Bellari / Anantpur etc. may give some information about the road condition for my above route!!

I leanrt that going from Pune to Hyderabad by NH9 and then to Mantralayam via Kurnool (NH7) is better. Further I can again take NH7 via Kurnool and go till Bangaluru and then NH4 to Vellore. Any comments?
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 15, 2014 ---
    Is the following route good? It is longer though. Any shorter route with good (may not be 4 lane)?

upload_2014-10-15_15-59-28.png
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  10. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can take this route also. Which will be sorter for you by about 75 KM

Nagpur -> Indore By Pass -> Jambua -> Dahod -> Nadiad -> Ahmadabad Onwards.

I have taken this route when i traveled Indore that is Surat -> Baroda -> Dahod -> Jambua -> Indore.

Not Sure about the Nagpur -> Indore Route but I can say

Indore -> Dahod road conditions are good in patches. When ever there is diversion it is only gravel no road. it took around 4.5 hrs to cover 200 KM.

Dahod onward your drive will be bliss.

Lot of road side dhabas i have seen during my travel.