1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    Toll plazas started working now. pudukkottai bypass not yet completed.
    Might take 4-5 months more
  2. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    Guys ,

I am planning for 4 to 5 day trip down south (starting on Oct 2nd evening) along with my parents.

I kept the Kanyakumari as one of the place to visit, now I need you guys to suggest me places which I can cover in those 4 days

Thanks
  3. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    In case you know any isckon member's you can get nice accommodation at very reasonable tariff. It is very close to the Tirupati bus station.

Enroute Tirupathi, Ongole offers comfortable accommodations at hotels. APTDC, Nagarjuna Sagar offers neat accommodation along with good food. Overnight stay is recommended if you are interested in sightseeing, water falls with light and sound will be there in the evening.

I stayed at hotelbhimas.com

As @rajks adviced check trip advisor for best tariffs.
  4. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I will be staying in Tirupati for 3 nights anyway. I wanted to know if Horsley Hills can be a single day trip or do I need to plan for overnight stay. I also wanted to know if I need to book for accommodation before or can I just drive in
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Kiran, what kind of trip you are planning to do? Temple visits?

Since you are planning to cover Kanyakumari, I suggest the following. I am not sure if you have already seen these places.

Plan 1
    Leg 1: Chennai-Madurai-Srivilliputtur (Andal Temple)-Courtallam (You can halt here)
    Leg 2: In and Around Courtallam - Falls in Courtallam, Kutralanathar temple, Papanasam, Karaiyar dam, Aariyankavu Temple
    Leg 3: Courtallam-Thenmala-Nedumangad-Trivandrum (Halt)
    Leg 4: See Padmanabaswamy temple and drive down to Kanyakumari via Nagarkoil (Halt)
    Leg 5: Witness sunrise, visit Bagavathi amman temple. Drive back to Chennai (you get all 4 lane till Chennai). :)

Plan 2
    Leg 1: Chennai-Chidambaram (Natarajar temple, Pitchavaram backwaters) (Halt)
    Leg 2: Chidambaram-Cuddalore-Nagapattinam-Devipattinam-Rameshwaram (Halt)
    Leg 3: Sight seeing at Rameshwaram, Drive down to Tiruchendur (Halt)
    Leg 4: Drive down to Kanyakumari (Halt)
    Leg 5: Visit Madurai Temple and back to Chennai.
  6. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Hi,

I belongs to Nagercoil and driving from chennai to Nagercoil seems like my regular monthly journey!!

From Kanyakumari to chennai, it is around 710 kms and roads are very good(Except a few km stretch in SH Madurai is two way road).So, while returning a smooth 10 hr drive should be fine.

Now places to visit in and around nagercoil which are missed above:Suchindrum temple(Big hanuman temple) situated on the way from nagercoil to kanyakumari.

If possible, a 10 mins drive from kanyakumari is Vattakottai fort(Not so famous but u can give a try:Fort on the beach)

Thiruparappu falls and Padmanabapuram place which are around 30 kms from nagercoil towards trivandrum route from nagercoil.

In tirunelveli, plan to visit nellai appar temple.Kutralam and Papanaasam near tirunelveli(Make this in pipeline)
  7. S Mathur

S Mathur Timido

New Delh
    Hi all.. I and my family are planning our first long trip in Punto to Allahabad in first week of Oct. Since Delhi-Allahabad is approx 650 kms one way, hence I am a little apprehensive and request fellow members to guide on the below points

Any COCO diesel pumps on NH-2 between Agra and Allahabad?

Do I need to carry any lubricants along? The car has undergone first service a month back.

Reliable halt points with ladies toilets.

Thanks
    Mathur
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    650 Kms can be driven in one full tank, NH2 roads should be super condition.
    No need, but you can buy one lt can of engine oil and coolant. Normally you will not required these.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Dear Friends,

I am considering a trip from my place to Dwarika, Gujrat (by car) during coming looong weekend and would appreciate inputs on the present condition of the road and other things en-route. May detour to Vadodara for a day! Also about support from FIAT on the way!

I searched TFI but couldn't find anything for this route.

Thanx in advance!
  10. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There are multiple options for you.

1. NH59 ( Indore - Dhar - Jhabua - Dahod - Godhara - Dakor ) - SH - 60 (Dakor - Kheda - Limbdi) - NH8 (Limbdi - Rajkot -Dhrol - Jamnagar - Dwarika) - Total 802 KM

2. Indore - Ratlam - Banswara - Durgapur - HimmatNagar - Gandhinagar - Ahmedabad - Limbdi - Rajkot -Dhrol - Jamnagar - Dwarika - Total 945 Km

With Route One: NH59 has to many diversions with gravel as road. Once you enter gujarat this road is breeze to drive. I have travelled on this route three months back and found it is safest route. Food and fuel is not a problem at all on this road. One can really enjoy the tarmac except those few patches.

With Route Two the road condition is good till you reach Durgapur once you hit the NH8 again the road condition improves drastically. I am not sure about MP part of road but yes durgapur to Dwarka you may not have any problem.