1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. subhashmv

subhashmv Timido

I will be reaching Mysore by around 8 PM, so traffic won't be an issue.
    Bypass is short by 6 kms (total 18 kms)
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  2. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Hi All,

I am planning to visit Bhimashankar from Pune via Rajgurunagar. Need to know if roads are open after Malin landslide?

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using Tapatalk 2
  3. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

After my drive from Bangalore to Pune in a day (15 hrs with 2 stops and 1 power nap), I am planning to take up more long trips. The first trip would be to Dwarka's (totalling 9) 7 in Gujarat and 2 in Rajasthan. As per the present schedule, if my parents join, I will complete all the Dwaraka's, else only Gujarat.
    I plan to do this in the last week of October. Since this is my longest trip till date, need experts suggestions for preparing for the same.

The 6 dwarka's are around Porbandar (where I plan to stay for 3 days). The next Dwarka in Gujarat is in Dakore village near Nandiad (33 kms) and Ahmedabad (84 kms). The other 2 near Udaipur.

The tentative route:

1. Day 1: Start from Pune early morning; reach Porbandar by night . 966 kms. Stay at Porbandar.
    2. Day 2: Drive to Dwarka (104 kms) and finish 3 dwarka there which are nearby and back to Porbandar.
    3. Day 3: Drive to Veraval (125 kms) for 1 Dwarka and continue for another 40 kms for the next Dwarka and back to Porbandar.
    4. Day 4: Start early morning to Udaipur (655 kms), reach by evening, shopping and rest. Stay at Udaipur.
    5. Day 5: Visit 2 Dwarka's near Nathdwara (65 kms from Udaipur) and back to hotel.
    6. Day 6: Start early morning, reach Nandiad (270 kms) before noon, visit temple and after rest, start driving to Pune (600 kms). Reach Pune by midnight.

Now, I still have two more days leave and will add these days as and when required. Planning to add one in Porbandar and the other in Udaipur.

How is this route and the road conditions? Any specific things which I have to keep in mind. And last but not the least, what are the emergency items I need to carry in the trip?
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Day 1: Seems a little tight if you are planning to travel via Mumbai. The progress till Baruch could be slow due to traffic and check posts. Post Baruch the pace should increase. The roads are good for most part and you should be able to reach Porbandar by late night atleast depending on the numbers of breaks and average speed.

Day 4: Definitely doable, early morning start should help

Day 6: Could turn out to be a long day :)

The rest of the schedule looks ok.

Things to carry on the trip
    1. Carry the basic first aid and the requisite medicines. You never know if the same medicine will be available at places where you travel
    2. Carry a tyre inflator and a tubeless puncture kit if luggage space and budget permits. It can come handy.
    3. A torch
    4. Spare headlight bulbs
    punto_emotion likes this.
  5. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Guys, had been to Bhimashankar as planned and nature's beauty was at its best when I visited the place on 16th Aug 2014. While going to Bhimashankar I opted for Pune-Rajgurunagar-Bhimashankar route. This route is a single lane road with many intermittent patches of bad roads but road runs parallel to a river (I guess its Bhima river) and the scene is really breathtaking. Be cautious of oncoming local vehicles (Jeeps), roads are narrow and these guys drive damn rash hence be careful on this route. While returning I tried the Bhimashankar-Manchar-Pune route, its a good road (occasional bad patches) however no glimpse of mother nature here, I enjoyed driving down both the roads as my Optimus Prime handled all roads excellently however being a nature lover, my wife was bored on return journey by no sight of good scenery and to add to her woes kept listening to my constant praise of Linea all the way till Pune ;). What can I do, just cant stop praising Optimus Prime whenever I am behind the wheel on a highway :). Will post few pics tonight...
  6. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi TFIANs,
    Planning a trip to Tirupati with family(wife and 3 year old daughter) during the long weekend in the first week of October. Plaiing to start early on 2nd Oct. Darshan on 3rd and see the places around on 4th and be back to HYD on 5th. I need the following inputs

• Best route to enjoy the drive.
    • Places for breakfast and lunch as 600 kms with a baby on board will take close to 12-14 hrs depending on the kids requirements.
    • Good hotels to stay with family. Has to be economical. Do not want to spend a lot as we would be out most of the time. Need a nice place to sleep peacefully in the night.
    • How to go for special darshan. Any prior booking required or it can be done on the day of darshan.
    • Places of intrest nearby as I have close to 1-1/2 days which can be used for sight seeing.
    • Any special precaution to be taken when travelling with family.
    I know most of the info would be available on internet but I would rather take inputs and advice from fellow TFIANs first.

7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    You can try Tirumala accommodation, near temple - http://www.ttdsevaonline.com/, not sure the availability. Else you need to stay at Tirupati.
    For normal darshan, you can buy Seegradarshan ticket there itself.
    Not sure what all special darshan covers, but have a look - http://www.tirumala.org/Advance Booking.htm
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

hyd>>narketpally>>Nalgonda>>Miryalguda>> Piduguralla>Addanki >> Ongole>>Nellore>>Naidupeta>>Tirupathi

All of it is 4 lane expect Naidupeta to Tirupathi which is 2 lane (about 60 kms)
  9. rajks

rajks Amatore

If you do not get an accommodation in Tirumala you can try 'Hotel Mayura' in Tirupati, I have stayed here couple of times and its good.
    And if you stay in Tirupati try to take bus to Tirumala as it would avoid parking hassle. Try Tripadvisor too for feedback on hotels.

Try to visit Padmavathi Ammavari Temple http://www.tirumala.org/ptv_tpt_tiruchanoor.htm and also Kalahasti if you are inclined to seeing temples around.
  10. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This looks the best route option to me as well. Any other suggestions

I have a few more questions

• Besides the numerous temples and teerthams I could find TTD Gardens, Rock Garden as palces to visit. Please suggest of these are worth visiting.
    • Of the numerous temples and teerthams please suggest the must see ones.
    • There is Venkateswara National Park, Deer park and two mesuems as well. Are they worth a visit?
    • There is Talakona waterfalls near by. Is it the right time to visit there? Its has been raining pretty frequently so want to know if its safe to visit in October.
    • Then we have Horsley Hills which is 130 Kms from Tirupati. Has anyone been there? I was planning to drive there and be back in Tirupati the same day. Or would it be a good idea to stay overnight? Any inputs here would be great.
    Do I need to book for accomodation? Its a long weekend and we may have people rushing during that time. Or will it be okay if i just drive down and check a few hotels and choose one.
    With a kid I just want to be on the safer side in case scouting for a hotel is difficult there. Suggest in case anyone has the experience before.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014