1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Take Bangalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Vellore-Kancheepuram-Chengalput-Mamallapuram

You can break at Kanchi to visit some temples and have food at Saravana Bhavan. Mamallapuram beaches are busy till 9pm. No issues. Where have you planned to stay?
    1 person likes this.
  2. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks ramjn for your quick response.
    I am staying @ Jade beach Resorts, country club. Any good places to eat in Mahabalipuram?
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    For vegetarian, Hotel Mamalla is decent. At least for once you can try the seaside restaurant at GRT Temple bay if you are non vegetarian. They are expensive but it will be very nice experience for you.
    1 person likes this.
  4. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    Last day i taken poor Punto for the my kerala Trip(Pattambi).It was turned to be a nightmare driving for me.Poor girl hited minimum 5 moon crafter in this route.There are some huge gutters in between Gudalore and Vazhikadavu that you can't avoid in anyway.please check for alternative routes.

Please suggest me alternative route for the return trip.I heard the Walayar-Coimbathore route is also in same condition.
  5. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Hello , I have a plan for a trip to ootty from cochin on 14 th of this month.Members valuable suggestions regarding the best route(by car) and reasonable hotel accommodation( not very costly) etc are needed.We are 4 members.myself,wife,son and my daughter.I am planning to go in my linea MJD-2012.My previous long journey in my Linea is cochin to veilankanni-590 km,and we took 11 hrs.This trip is around 300 km. We will be staying there for 1 or 2 days only.
  6. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Probable routes would be:

Route 1: Cochin - Palakkad - CB - Mettupalyam - Ooty (Road conditions from CB should be good enough)
    Route 2: Cochin - Palakkad - Mannarkad - Mulli - Manjoor - Lovedale - Ooty (Very adventourous and scenic route. Road condition Kottathara-Mulli need to be checked)

Route 1 should be straight forward. You can try both routes alternatively for coming and going.
    Check Hotel Darshan near Ooty Lake, Sapphire Grande, Lakeview, DelightzInn. All these are good and decent for family.
    Time taken for Route 2 will be little more but I have heard it provides great vistas. Off-season rates should be within your budget.
  7. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    We are in mid-Sept and I think this is the best period to visit Kas Pathar. Last year, I was told, because of erratic rain, the Plateau was not in its full glory. Any idea / update about the condition this year?

Because of the crowd on weekends, I'm planning to visit the place on weekdays.
    1 person likes this.
  8. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    After opening this thread, I went through today's TOI. was surprised to find the info, I wanted about Kas.

Some more
    1 person likes this.
  9. tash22

tash22 Timido

Bangalore
    Hi everyone

I am planning on a trip to Kilimanoor in Kerala during the Christmas Holidays to attend a friend's wedding. Planning to leave on Dec 25th morning and reach by around evening.

Route planned: Bangalore -Hosur -Krishnagiri -Dharmapuri -Thoppur - Salem - Dindigul - Madurai - Rajyapalayam - Shenkottai - Tenmala-Kilimanoor

Need information from the esteemed members in the forum about the eating options on this route because will be traveling with my three year old daughter. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Regards.
  10. hello2anand

hello2anand Amatore

Bangalore