1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Hacegates, Welcome to TFI. Wow! What a choice of places for your expedition. Surely it will be a scenic drive. Blore - Mangalore road condition is good except for few stretches in the ghat section. This was the latest update I got from my colleague who used this route. Route would be Blore - Hassan - Sakaleshpur - Mlore. Till Sakaleshpur, its a breeze to drive. No issues at all.

Though have visited Karwar, haven't tried Mangalore - Karwar route. So not sure of the road conditions. Karwar has exotic beaches and do check for water sport activities.
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Guys,

I am planning a road trip at the end of this month. The plan is as follows:

Leg 1 : Pune to Shimoga
    Leg 2 : Shimoga to Coorg
    Leg 3 : Coorg to Varca, Goa
    Leg 4 : Varca to Amboli
    Leg 5 : Amboli to Pune

The accommodation at Coorg & Goa is going to be at Club Mahindra Resorts (Kodagu Valley & Varca Resorts respectively)

Google Maps is suggesting me the following route : Link

Would request fellow members to give your inputs on the above route. Any inputs on road conditions, alternative routes will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Amogh
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Regarding route info for Leg 1 & 2

Pune to Shimoga - Route shown by Google map is fine. Instead of taking deviation at Ranebennur, you can try deviation at Davangere also. With this route, you can enjoy NH 4 for little longer. Davangere to Shimoga is a two lane road but in good condition. Route is Davangere - Malebennur (famous for Rice mills) - Honnali- Shimoga

Shimoga to Coorg : Route shown by Google map is Shimoga - Chikmagalur - Sakaleshpur - Coorg. I have covered Shimoga to Sakaleshpur of this stretch. Its a superb 2 lane road again through Western Ghats. Quite scenic as well. You can take Shimoga - Bhadravati - Tarikere - Chikmagalur - Sakaleshpur route. From Sakaleshpur to Coorg is about 100 + kms (most of it is ghat road). Havent covered this stretch personally.

I have stayed at Club Mahindra, Coorg. Its a good place to stay with superb food :up
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Leg 5 Amboli to Pune

From Amboli to NH4 @ Nipani there is a single road.

A link road from Ajara to Nipani has 10kms of road filled with pathholes. You can not drive more than 20kmph for 10-12 kms.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Agree, don't divert at Ranebennur. Go till Davangere.
  6. Makshamsheer

Makshamsheer Timido

Hyderabad
    Holaaa Gentlemen...

As mentioned in my previous post... I m gearing up for another 2000 Kms quest thru the Maharashtiran Belt.... Nothing much to plan except getting my Punter ready for it.

Here is the route plan... Hyderabad-Panchgani-Daman-Surat-Nashik-Aurangabad-Nanded-Hyderabad

I drive late nights so - plan to turn on the ignition on 30th March at about 0200 Hrs and take it as it comes...

Anyone has a point no matter how good or bad it is.... Pls bring it up... I might find a use for it...

Again - Nothing like a Fiat when it comes to Indian Roads.... Stay Tuned... Gentlemen...
  7. rajankamboj

rajankamboj

shimla
    I am planing a trip from Shimla(my native place) to nagpur starting 8th aug 2013 on my fiat linea TJET.I am thinking of taking Shimla-Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-<wbr>Bhopal-Itarsi-nagpur route.I have planned this route because i have read that Gwalior Jhansi route is in horrible condition.

I will be accompanied by my daughter(aged 15yrs ).I will be the solo driver for the whole trip.

I would only prefer to drive in day time.I plan to halt at Delhi(as i will be starting from shimla at 4PM on 8th Aug) , Bhopal(not sure delhi -bhopal is doable in one day) and then nagpur.I want your help in planing this trip(including return trip).Time is not much of a constraint but would prefer to reach Nagpur by 10th evening.My return journey would start on 16th and would like to be back in shimla on 18th August.

I think monsoon will be almost ending during this period,so many road may not be good for driving, especially the ones in MP.

I seek suggestions from all the TFIian's regarding the road conditions, precautions to be taken enroute,any detours to avoid high traffic areas etc.

I would also like to have suggestions for good hotels for staying and eating places enroute.

Rajan
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

Hi,

am planning to travel from pune to dapoli next weekend. I would like to know the road condition post the recent rains in konkan and around pune. The following routes are under consideration:
    1) pune-tamhini-mangaon-khed-dapoli
    2) pune-bhor-(varandha)-mahad-khed-dapoli
    3) pune-wai-mahabaleshwar-poladpur-khed-dapoli.

I am planning to stick to nh-17 as the main route for reaching dapoli for now and not try some of the internal konkan routes that google maps shows .

But has anyone been around tamhini or varandha ghat in the last few days ? hows the road condition ? Manageable by the TJet ?
    Would appreciate responses.
  9. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    When I went there last year, i took the Mulshi->Tahmini->mangaon route.
    Roads were not good but was shorter and I enjoyed every kilometer from Paud till Mangaon. Awesome greenery.
    If you want good roads Khopoli, Pen route, though longer would be good OR Mahabaleshwar route will also be fine I think.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  10. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Guys,

Anybody recently covered Bangalore to Mahabalipuram route? I am travelling on 15th August. Please suggest the good route.
    Heard from some of my chennai friends that roaming alone in Mahabalipuram beach is somewhat not safe. Is it really a concern?

Thanks