1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Redbull, Such idiots are still existing all over India, we can't do anything with such people. And we cannot react in their way which will join ourselves too in that idiotic category. As you said, the teenage girl present over there seemed to be somewhat perturbed, clearly shows that she is educated and grown up with some learnt courtesy. Did she tell about your discomfort to her Dad/Driver.?
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  2. Hope your journey was a memorable one..! Please do post the pics once you return to home.
  3. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    Have a safe journey, between the road from Pune to Bangalore is great now so enjoy the drive.
    Also you might want to make a halt, probably at Davangiri.
  4. Davangere..!!:eek: Please do not stay at davangere if you don't have another option. I had experienced it.!:sad::A
  5. Hi,

I'm planning to drive my family to munnar sometime this month. Has anyone driven there recently, I'd like to know the road condition. And of course, whatever you feel like about munnar. Places to stay etc.
  6. Probably no one has travelled recently to munnar... Maybe I'll have to give the reply myself after doing the drive. hehe.
  7. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    DO not miss Eravikulam sanctuary,top slip & few lakes on Kodaikanal road..

Also, see if you can make it to Seeta lake on Thekkady raod (near CLub Mahindra)

All above are in totally different directions :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    Roads are much much better now in munnar compared to last year. I travel to munnar quite often, visited a month back... After adimaly u can take a diversion via Anachal- palivasal estate which is more scenic & roads are much better compared to the normal route.

Places to visit....Mattupety – top station- kundala dam- rajamala- eravikulam national park.... these are normal tourist spots. Well normal tourists are able to see or only allowed to see 5% of actual munnar, since the most beautiful & awesome locations are deep inside those tea estates which is controlled by KDHP( tata tea). I am really lucky enough as my friend is working in tata as manager and he has access to all the locale. Each visit he takes me to beautiful breath taking points.

You can have a look on this
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/street-travel-experience/3596-punto-munar-430kms-kochi-munar-2-days-awesome-drive-views.html

For stay may be you can check on TATA bungalows( very few) which they are leasing to tourist for daily rent,Its worth staying. Rates are on the higher end i believe since its mostly opted by foreigners.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Hacegates

Hacegates

Bangalore
    Dear Fiatians,

We are a Gang of 3 guys, planning to do a Road trip from "Bangalore - Mangalore - Karwar" during Feb (7-11) 2013.

I would request you all the following:

1) Guidance on route / road condition (preferably latest experience)
    2) Places that are MUST see at Karwar
    3) Suggestions on Vehicle inspection that need to be taken prior to our trip

Best Regards,
    Hacegates ​
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Hacegates

Regarding your vehicle inspection query

Check Engine Oil Level, with the help of the dip stick provide.

Visually Inspect the levels of Brake Fluid, Engine Coolant, Power-steering Oil, Wind screen washer water Level.

Visually inspect all tyres for any embedded foreign bodies and fully inflate the spare wheel.

Carry a spare set of head lamp bulbs.

Wish you a happy journey in your punto.