1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

I visited Mahabaleshwar last Sunday, it is really awesome weather out there and top of that drive is amazing.
  2. treevivek

treevivek

Bangalore
    Hi Friends,
    i am planning for a trip to Pondicherry via my fiat punto.
    Any suggestions for good resort or hotel there.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I went to Panchgani/ Mahabaleshwar on 6th - 8th Aug'10. Really Awsome weather !!
  5. Pramit

Pramit Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hello everyone , needed a few inputs. Me and my wife are planning to drive down to B'lore from Hyderabad on the 9th of Sept and then get back by 12th night.
    This is going to be my first major car trip so far. I have done the trip by bike a couple of years back when the highway was under construction. Any inputs on the road conditions now ?
    Has been a pretty wet monsoon must say. If someone out there has done this stretch off lately please do let me know.

And yeah , how are the roads for night driving ?

Cheers!
    Pramit
  6. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    I did the Bangalore Kurnool stretch a few months back and construction work and diversions are ongoing, and I don't think there's been a significant change since then.

After Kurnool it's a breeze I've heard.

Night driving,especially on a stretch where work is ongoing, and with family , is best avoided.
  7. Pramit

Pramit Amatore

Hyderabad
    It needed some convincing my wife and the sky rocketing prices of the Volvo tickets to B'lore for this trip! This was my first long trip by car ever !!(i.e with me driving )

I had done Hyd - B'lore and Hyd - Ooty on my dearest Bullet earlier ... but by car this was the first time , I must admit there was a little unease before hitting the highway.

Did all the preps a day in advance. Put in a litre of engine oil. Filled the tires with Nitrogen. Packing. Woke up early to a nice fresh morning and started from home at around 5:00AM and hit the highway around 5:45. After we crossed the Hyd Airport , the road's were a little screwed up , but that's for hardly 3 - 4 kms.Once the double lane starts ... oh man its orgasmic !!!

The roads are so f**kin good ! We did Kurnool in a breeze. Speeds were maintained at around 100 - 120. Took a small break after Kurnool for b'fast and chai sutta.

Till Kurnool its dedicated one way roads , but after Kurnool , you got to be a little careful. There are some diversions , and a lot of times you will see traffic coming towards you in the rightmost lane. Also, you got to beware of motorcyclists , tempos and tractors and off course the jaywalkers. After Ananthpur there's a diversion which leads to the old highway which is a normal one lane road. It's not in a very good condition either , the speed drop is considerable.

We got back on the highway after this diversion and pressed the pedal hard again. Only this time I couldn't resist the temptation to push the Punto a little hard. :) ... so the speed i maintained were in excess of 120. Touched 160 ... and man the car does feel rock solid at that speed as well. Took another 2 breaks , just to stretch out and have a smoke. Among my happy moments - I overtook two Innovas and made sure that it was that way !! I am not a egoistic driver , but Innovas have always been the bullies on long bike rides ...and I felt nice about overtaking the buggers.

We reached B'lore , got lost - got stuck in the legendary jams ! :) .. but seriously Bangaloreans have a much much better traffic sense than us Hyderabadis , and they drive easy.

Bangalore was fun, catching up with all the old friends and much beer !

Started back on the Sunday at around 12:00PM in the noon. I was feeling a little tired and drained out in the beginning. Did not speed much on the way back + plus there was a lot of trucks on the road. Stopped 2 - 3 times again - lunch , chai sutta & Red Bull (this always helps guys). Reached home at around 9:30PM.

All in all a very good trip. The roads are awesome. The scenery is pretty too.

Total distance travelled : 1300 KMs
    TO time : 8.5 hours
    BACK time : 9.5 hours
    Mileage returned : 13.3 km/l
    Fuel : almost 6K ( aah that pinched a bit )
    4 tolls on the way - 43 + 55 + 55 + 55
  8. Pramit

Pramit Amatore

Hyderabad
  9. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    Whoa, nice pics there !

I'm tempted to do the Blr->Hyd stretch now :D
  10. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi, That was a spirited drive to return that kind of millage (13.3kmpl) :), Hope you throughly enjoyed your trip and the car.... shall be doing Bglr-Hyd.. in couple of months.