1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Thanks guys for all your suggestions :)
    My lino and me finally covered our first long trip in 3 days

Distance Travelled: 1200 + (Blr - Chennai - Pondicherry - Blr)
    Mileage Overall - 16.4

About Blr-Chennai:
    It was horrible for first 3 hour, long stretches of JAMS after Electronic city express way. We took 3 hour to reach A2b :(
    After that it was a bliss, did 150 at few instances and for sure the car is built like a tank, no vibration at all even at this speed :)

My lino got a small scratch, all thanks to the b2b jam and one Indica guy, who tried to squeeze in from non existing lane :( I hope this can be touched up easily (no dents). Will post a pic.

Return (Pondi- Blr)
    Horrible is the word. My GPS (which had free maps) failed me, it took the shortest route.
    It brought me on Viluppuram Road from Pondicherry, and all the way till Villupuram roads were decent but undivided double lane road :( From Villupuram to Thiruvanamali, roads were getting worse with big small potholes here and there and driving in night was getting scarier, so I took a detour to vellore to join GQC and from their it was again good road and I was consitently doing 90-130 kmph.
    Saw two accidents on the way and it was bad for a Diwali night :(

Overall, it was a confidence boosting drive (Considering this is my first car and I had no driving experience), hoping to improve mileage with time :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Mates, I am planning to drive down to Cochin during Xmas time.
    It would be a late start of 6 PM from BLR.
    Any suggestions on budget accommodation en-route, possibly at Perundurai/Erode?
    Had anyone taken the Palladam-Pollachi-Wadakkanchery route sometime recent, hows the route?
  3. guys, am planning road trip to coastal karnataka for 5-6 days. I will be starting from Pune. Some places I got to know from google search are murudeshwar,gokarna,bhatkal,udupi and dandeli.

Which are the must see places? Where can I stay? I have already covered coastal maharashtra so would be taking NH4 till belgaum. Please suggest...
  4. Travelling to Trichy from Pune for a quick official visit, Wanted to know if someone interested in joining the trip., Will start from Hinjewadi.

Route planned Pune- Bangalore - Trichy same on return
    Any one interested can mail me at prabhujayaram@gmail.com

Car - Fiat Punto MJD.
    Occupants - Myself + 2.
    Travel date - 20/2/12(Down)
    Return date not sure, depends on the work.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Hey active punto have a great trip and do click some good pics too.

Also waiting for an ownership review and travalogue from your end.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Hi folks,

Just sharing an experiance I had this sunday :)
    We were in Shravanbelgola and this being a small town, there is nothing like organised Parking, but yes - there was this guy who was charging 30 bucks for Parking.
    Never the less, we paid him and parked hoping that, we would be fine.

This was around 9 in morning, we trekked up and was back at 11, to our surprise right behind our Car, there was an i20 parked blocking our way, though there were other cars parked too blocking ways of other cars, but then they had driver sitting inside. And possibly seeing them, this moron decided he is parking it right. We were ofcourse angry as we had couple of more places to cover and be back in bangalore same day. Having no option, we waited and it was 12 and no sign of the guy. Somehow I felt like toppling his car and make a way :evil:.

Anyway we thought to check for some document/contact no inside car and luckily we found one :) tring tring ...........

Guy on Phone: No saar this is not my car, we are in bangalore !!
    Told him there is this document with this number and stating as lecturer since 1991.

Anyway, another 5 mins. I get this call

Same Guy: Saaar is this maroon car, saaar this belongs to Dr.Shobha and he gives me a number.

Tring tring .... btw ring tone was Why this Kolaveri Kolaveri D :evilsmile

Some lady on Phone: Hello - No we are not in shravanbelgola, and when I tell here there is this car - she got panicked I guess and handed over to her husband. Who says - we parked it right and all blah blah and we are half way with a lady, I gave him a piece of my mind that we have been waiting since 90 mins, so you better come down or we damage your Car.

The guy came down lazily taking a walk in Park :evil:
    And was still justifying his act and went on to say that - "If you want me to say sorry, I will end it by saying sorry" .
    Bloody hell - you are a doctor .... seriously !!!

Now what do I do with such people. Some day, some time - we all are wrong but of the least have the courtesy of accepting it :)

Thanks to the phone number, else we would have celebrated our sunday in agony :evilsmile

My take:
    Always leave a sticky note with your contact, even if your run out of parking space and have to do such emergency parking :p
  7. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

I had the same experience this monday but wait was only 10 minutes.

I am having my office parking dongle shows my contact number in my car. its very useful if you keep any contact number visible in your car to contact in case of emergencies.
  8. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    But where the guy who charged you Rs.30/= for parking? Why didn't he enter the picture when you returned?
    1 person likes this.
  9. raj29

raj29 Superiore

These kind of situations happen because there is no courtesy towards others on the road or off the road. People just try to find a way to fulfill their task and leave it at there. They are not bothered about others. :eek:
    There are very few people who are courteous and use sense!!

Just 2 days ago, there was this guy behind me in a i10, where i had to turn right into a small lane and then within few meters turn left to my house. In this few meters there is a speed hump and there is a pothole too. So i slowed down at the pothole and then again at the hump i switched on the indicator for left turn (the left trun is just after the hump) and this fellow in these few meters honked 4 times. I wasnt going slow like a snail, that he will run away but didnt understand what his problem was. I showed my hand to him asking what is the prolem, then he stops honking and doesnt respond to it!!
    After taking left i see that this fellow was not even going fast.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  10. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Know what, that guy did appeared and said he will move the car (as if car will be in neutral) and when he couldnt, he was like - saaar what to do :p
    When I asked him to return my money, he was like saaaaaaar .... :p