1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Thank you all for the suggestions. I have completed the trip.

While going I choose Bangalore->Mysore->Gudalur->Nilambur->Perinthalmanna->Pattambi->Kunnamkulam->Guruvayoor.

The roads in these road is good,scenic view. It was heavily raining in Gudalur and visibility was limited to some feet. It took some time to cross Gudalur ->Nilambur even though the road was in good shape. Only I experience bad road at Pattambi due to a road consruction happening.

As I had planned to go to Ernakulam, I choose return via Ernakulam ->Aluva->Angamaly->Thrishur->Vadakanchari->Shornur->Palakkad->Walayar->Coimbatore->Annur->Avanashi->Salem->Darmapuri->Krishnagir->Hosur->Bangalore.

The roads at Walayar are tarred and in good shape.It was my bad decision to enter Coimbatore town, and got stuck in traffic 1 hour. There was some bad stretches before entering the toll road at Avanashi also. The roads from Avanashi to Salem is excellent and from Salem to Krishnagiri it was ok road ;6 Lane conversion is in progress at these area.From Krishangiri it was again slow moving traffic due to the road work and rain.
  2. Where are the pics buddy??
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I had been to Guruvayoor too.

I took this route (drove during night). Bangalore - Maddur - Malavalli - Kollegal - Chamarajanagar - Sathyamangalam - Coimbatore - Palakkad - Ottapalam - Shoranur - Guruvayoor.

The roods were good in this route except between Maddur to Malavalli - 23 kms and a few kms around Walayar.

If I were to travel during day time it would have been the route you took.
  4. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Hi folks,

I have recently been FIAT'ed with LINEA 1.3 MJD.
    And after having driven 800 Kms (of which I drover around 450).

We are taking our first highway journey to Chennai from Bangalore and then after a day stay - to Pondicherry and back to Bangalore.
    Till pondicherry I will have my brother in law to help with driving but the return part, I will be doing on my own.

Bangalore to Chennai:
    Plan to Start 5:00-6:00 in Evening and reach chennai by 11:00-12:00 late night.

Help ???
    ---> Which route should I be taking, everyone is suggesting Hosur - Krishnagiri route as this is most of 4 lanes and no ghat ride involved.
    ---> What to do to be prepared for any kind of emergency ?
    ---> Tips to drive safely on highway ?

I am a little nervous to be true, but I am also sure it will fine and soon I will overcome all this fear :)

Thanks,
    Rituraj
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    At first instance,if its first highway drive and new to driving,avoid night drive strictly...
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You will enjoy it.
    See this thread (http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat-road/6561-bangalore-chennai-route.html), take any route from Hosur-Krishnagiri or Kolar, both are good option.
    Keep RSA number, all documents in originals.
    Note down the service stations details in your journey.
    Few tips -
    Keep speed in control, overtake only when you have clear visibility (never overtake tailgating other overtaking vehicle).
    Take a break whenever you feel. Enjoy the drive, come back and share all details with us.:)
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Thanks Ganges.
    I understand that night drive is not that comfortable as day drive, but dont have any option :(
    We will try to move it to as early as possible :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thank you Ravi sir, that is why I am taking this ride, to enjoy :)
    Awaiting travelogue on your Bihar trip experience - by any chance, are you a native of Bihar ? I am a native of Patna :)
  8. oncemoredieselpower

oncemoredieselpower Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi Rituraj,

Better to avoid night driving. Especially since 6 laning work is going on. The diversions can be painful at night.

IMPORTANT: Dont exceed 70kmph while entering any of the rail overhead bridges. There are sharp turns while entering few of the bridges and there have been several accidents here. I do this route (BLR-Vellore) once every month.

Drive safe,
    Deepak
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes I am.
    Born & brought up at Bokaro, but native is near Darbhanga, Bihar.
    1 person likes this.
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Rituraj, Split you journey with with breaks each and every 2:30 to 3:00 hrs and take rest for 5-10 minutes, keep hot tea/coffee with you. Enjoy the same in that break, it will give to energy to drive long run.

As others said, don't increase velocity much, Cruise at 120-130 will be very helpful to reach destination on or before time.

Ex:- I did Bangalore to Hyderabad (Return from south India meet) in 6 hrs 45 minutes in a Velocity of 110-120 constantly ( 2 break were 30 minutes & 15 minutes) never touched 130 too. So try to maintain Avg Speed around 80-85, if you cruise constantly with 110-120 you will easily get 80-85 avg speed/hr, so 500 Km in 6-6:30 hrs is easily reachable.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012