1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Hello Friends,

I am planning to go to Guruvayoor on Nov1st. Planned to start on Nov 1st early morning from Bangalore and reach Guruvayoor by evening and stay there.

Appreciate your help to find the present road condition and the best one to choose. From Google maps I found 2 routes.

Bangalore->Salem - Coimbatore ->Palakkad->Thrisshur->Guruvayoor
    Bangalore->Mysore->Gudalur->Nilambur->Perinthalmanna->Pattambi->Kunnamkulam-_Guruvayoor

The first one is longer route and second one is shorter route. I am not sure about the road conditions. Any one has recently traveled in this route. Also is there any better route to Guruvayoor other than these two routes.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Avoid Palakkad - Thrissur road, I happened to use this route couple of weeks back and it was in horrible status.
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I did the 1st route a month back or so. The palakkad - thrissur stretch is bad. Especially the Kuthiraanmala section. You can avoid this stretch by doing this - Palakkad - ottappalam- shoranur - thrissur, extra 20 kms more but it is worth it.

While returning i did Kuthiraan Mala, it was not so bad as i expected it to be. As it was day time, i managed to be a lil more cautious and managed without much problem.

The second route could be shorter but it is going to take much more time for you. Roads are excellent at least till coimbatore in the first route.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The second route is very scenic with a good amount of ghat sections from gudalur to nilambur. Not too sure about the road conditions.

There is another option

Bangalore - Maddur - Kollegal - Chamarajanagar - Sathyamangalam - Coimbatore - Palakkad - ottapalam - shoranur - Thrissur - Guruvayoor.

Note - during day time entering coimbatore from satyamangalam side and getting out of coimbatore can be a pain with loads of traffic.

The coincidence is I am planning to do this route on the October 30th. A night drive though.
  5. The second option you've put up will be the better one to choose. Its the shortest of course; plus if you touch palakkad town the roads will hurt.. Since you are driving during the day the busy roads like shoranur-thrissur are better avoided.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I second with the choice of route of nkrishnap.

Another alternative is,
    Bangalore-Salem-Perundurai-Kangeyam-Palladam-Pollachi-Alathur-Pazhayannur-Vadakkaancherry-Kecheri-Choondal-GVR.
  7. chotubaba

chotubaba Timido

HI,
    Am back after a long time.. My white angel (Punto) having done 25000km, is now rearing to go to Delhi.
    Hubby and daughter have decided that Delhi in Diwali is a must .....After my last trip from Mumbai through Rajasthan (3200km -6 days, including lots of sightseeing) with Angel, I decided that Mumbai-Udaipur is a breeze.. so why not Delhi. Here is the plan:
    Presentation1.jpg

All suggestions welcome.

Rgds
    Chotubaba
  8. adigabnp

adigabnp Amatore

BengaLooru
    BengaLooru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Though it is too late, ;), I am replying to this thread hoping that it helps someone in the future.

There are quite few trekking/hiking spots just within 100kms from BengaLuru, let alone the Western ghats.

To name a few...

Near Ramanagara:
    Rama Devara Betta
    RevaNa Siddheshwara Betta
    NaaraayaNagiri - This is located few kms away from Raamanagara and a pleasure since it is deserted, yet safe, most of the times.

Around Magadi/Ramanagara/KuNigal:
    Saavanadurga
    HuliyooruDurga

Near Kolar:
    Aavani

Near Tumkur:
    Madhugiri - This is one of the tedious hikes I ever did. It is preferable to carry lots of water and fruits to consume once you reach the hilltop. I suppose, it is considered to be the 2nd biggest monolith in Asia, if I am correct.
    Siddhara Betta
    ChannaraayaDurga
    Shivagange - Yet another tedious hiking spot.

Chithradurga fort is also a good option, considering that its historical as well.
    1 person likes this.
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    It is really shocking that every FIAT car owners aren't true driver or enthusiast those who loves Car. 2 Incident:-

1. I was going to Inorbit Mall on friday at 2:00 P.M, After crossing the old Mumbai road to Join HiTech City Road, I saw a White Punto Comes slowly behind me. I was on middle lane and another car was in left lane with a 5 meter gap. Suddenly this Punto came very fast and crossed me from left lane to go to right lane. Black Smoke was comming from exhaust like anything after moving about 500 mts She slowed her car and move slowly and disappeared towards new road opposite to Inorbit Mall road.

A gentle lady was driving the Car and 4 young man was sitting, Suddenly I was like, :confused:, are they in a show-off mode. If I hadn't slammed brake hard, some bad incident happened that day.

2. While returing from Inorbit Mall same day the same place was fill with water and I was driving slowly so that no water splash to other car or Bike. One Red Linea came very fast from the first lane and splash water completely and my Car got a shower ( same she got in 3M with Highspeed water wash). Had to stop again for another Fiat Driver.

2 Times got very good treatment from Fiat Drivers on the same day :( .
  10. raj29

raj29 Superiore

This resembles the saying that not all that glitters is gold :evilsmile

So, we should be on our cautious front all the time irrespective of FIAT love :helmet or something else
    2 people like this.