1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    The Road you mentioned is Benaras road and inside Howrah City, I think this will be empty road at 5-5:30 A.M.

This is also good & very short way to reach NH6, but avoid it in rainy season, this used to waterlogged.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bose are you aware of any decent hotel in this route, to stay overnight?
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys,

I am looking at a drive from Bangalore to Indore in the first week of October.
    Google maps throws 2 alternates -
    BLR-Hubli-Pune-Nasik-Indore
    or
    BLR-HYD-Nanded-Burhanpur-Indore.

Which would a better route? I am planning on a two day drive. What would be the best place for a night halt?
    Also my T-Jet has done less than 1500 kms and is not yet due for the first service. I am not expecting to do another 3500 kms in the next 2 weeks either :D

So, is my T-Jet too new to undertake this journey? What precautions are needed?

Thanks

Rajan
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had done the first route a long time back - in 2001in my WagonR. At that time the road from Indore till the Maharashtra border was really bad. Hopefully, MP roads have improved by now.

Pune to Bangalore, I did a month back. This stretch is very good. Pune to Nashik is also good. I have not done the Hyderabad route.

Regards
    Johnny
  5. Your t-jet can take the journey pretty well,the day I got my car took it from kolkata to bangalore..Cars from FIAT stable literally looks forward to journey like these...So dont worry,tank up the car,check the air pressure,and set out towards your destination...

Btw,I think route 1 will be better,as I am aware of excellent roads between bangalore to pune..
    Best of luck..drive safe..
  6. oncemoredieselpower

oncemoredieselpower Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi Rajan,

Regd your options:
    1. BLR-Hubli-Pune-Nasik-Indore

I did BLR-Pune (NH4) last december. It took us 14 hours in our Palio 1.9D. Roads are excellent. We did BLR-Belgaum in 7 hours flat with 2 stops(510kms). Belgaum-Pune was done in 7 hours (330kms) due to heavy traffic and very long queues at toll booths. It was very tiresome. Traffic can be very high once you enter Maharastra. So please plan your time of entry into Maharasthra properly. Say very early morning or late night.

Our plan was to visit Shirdi. My folks didnt allow me to drive from Pune to Shirdi :( So we hired a cab. Google maps showed Pune-Nashik highway as the first choice. However, the cab driver took another 4 lane state highway towards shirdi . As per him, Pune-Nashik is a 2 lane highway with heavy traffic. So please check for alternate route as a 2 lane highway will slow you down considerably.

2. BLR-HYD-Nanded-Burhanpur-Indore

We did BLR-Gooty (NH7) last october. Gooty is on the way to HYD from BLR. Off all the highways I have driven in India, NH7 has to be the best (purely my opinion). Most of the sections are arrow straight. The curves are designed such that I was able to do 130+ on my Palio. The straights I was doing consistent 140ish. We reach Gooty in about 2.5 hours (265kms). Also, few of my friends have done BLR-HYD and they seem to have the same feedback. One of them has even done BLR-HYD in 6.5 hours (560kms). As per him, traffic entering HYD will be heavy, so better to plan such that one reaches HYD very early - say 3-4am.

So plan well and make your choice. And please do post the pics once you are back.

Man, T-Jet will be just amazing on either of the highways!! It will literally devour the miles for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy!!

Envy you, T-Jet and such wonderful highways!!!

Drive safe,
    Deepak
  7. Loki

Loki

I did the Indore - Burhanpur run 2 years back (on a bike though). Roads were tolled, smooth almost at all sections - but a bit narrow in some sections. Shouldn't be an issue though.
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    1 person likes this.
  9. Good one...Thnks for posting this...
  10. Good idea... I suggest it should have been made it as an editable doc..on google docs or something. so that everyone can add spots, update on info like road condition etc.