1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Be informed that Dindigul-Theni section is being widened and the roads are in pathetic condition currently. I would avoid this section for the time being. Instead, Madurai-Theni would be better option.
  2. fire_blade

fire_blade

phate_b,

Is this the route you are suggesting -

Bangalore, Karnataka to Chengannur, Kerala - Google Maps

I am planning to start at 5 in the morning from Bangalore, is this route fine for day travel, also how much time will it take to reach?
  3. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I would say B'lore->Salem->Madurai->Theni->Kumily->Kottayam->Chenganur...

Its is probably the fastest & easiest...

It must take about 10-11 hrs...
  4. Ah day time...; Kerala would always have busy roads. the extra kilometers goin via Salem might be worth it.. and remember, don't go to Kottayam; turn to changanassery frm KK road at Vazhoor; u would save an hour of ur life.. :) Google will show u that too..nd u wont miss the turn, its a junction wid a huge roundabout nd enough signboards.
  5. puntojith

puntojith

Hyderabad
    Hi guys,
    I ll be leaving for calicut from ooty once we finish our meet. Can somebody suggest the routes from Ooty to Calicut and the current road condition?

I might have to come down the thamarassery ghat as I need to go to my in-laws place (not decided yet). Is it a good idea to take the gudalur-sulthan bathery route as shown here in that case?
    Ooty, Tamil Nadu to Kozhikode, Kerala - Google Maps
    Does anyone know how the gudalur- bathery section is?

Thank you:).
    -puntojith
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I need information, in details, how to enter and exit Kolkata, if I am coming from Kharagpur side on GQ, to reach Howrah railway staion.

Need below information, in as much possible details, maps etc.
    - Which point to divert from GQ?
    - What is approx distance and direction from above diversion to Howrah railway station?
    - How much time will it take, from above diversion to Howrah railway station, at around 7PM?
    - And what will be the direction to catch GQ again, if I need to continue on Bardhman side of GQ?
  7. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Ravi, No need to enter in Kolkata. When you are coming from KGP side, at Kona expressway take the right turn and move towards Vidyasagar setu, take Forshore road to reach Howrah station. Take the same route back and continue in kona express way. Left turn again goes to NH6 till KGP, don't take this in return, go straight and allign in Delhi Road till Bardhaman.
    1 person likes this.
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Maps:-

From KGP- Ankurhati, turn right on Kona express way, before Vidyasagar setu, take upper foreshore road & reach Howrah station, Same way you return till KGP-Delhi Junction in Kona exp way, take right on NH6 and drive till NH2-Durgapur expressway till Bardhaman.

GT road may be very busy and you may face long jam. The above route is longer than GT road, but Jam is very less. I took this road from Kolkata to KGP via Howrah station last year, I had to go Howrah station that time.

Ankurhati to Howrah station turn right ( way to Howrah station) and way to Bardhaman go straight on Kona exp way and right trun to join NH6 again toeards delhi.
    Kona turn.jpg

Santragachi Stn road to Howrah station via upper foreshore road:-

Santragachi to Howrah & return.jpg

Return on the same way and drive till NH2 ( Durgapur exp way junction).

Santragachi to Ankurhati and Bardhaman.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you Suman.
  10. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How is this route to exit from Howrah Railway station to GQ? Considering morning exit at around 5-5.30AM.

howrah route.jpg