1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Sanjeev,

Don't get disheartened these minor incidences are sometime unavoidable and we have to live with them.Worry not go ahead with the insurance claim.NCB is not that big amount which you get back on the renewal of next policy.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Sad to hear about the accident Sanjeev! But don't worry, the door will again look like new!

If there is any chance of repair, ask them to repair the same door instead of changing!

If insurance renewal is done from the same insurance provider then premium increases in direct relation to the no of claims you do. But as Ganges said, you can always change the insurance company without loosing much.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is so sad sanjeev, in fact a devastating moment as this is one of the most beautiful moments in one's life( atleast in my case). These morons are so stupid all over, you cant do anything to prevent it... did this incident happen anywhere near that pallava bar at eenchakkal , where these kind of incidents happen . Did you register a case against that "mofo" for drunken driving immediately with police, coz you never know when they ll change their minds, a fully guy had one hit my friend who had parked his bike in the roadside to attend a phone call and he ended up with a broken rib n other damages, and the drunken idiot couldnt even stand up properly.. but his friend took both to hospital, and didnt file a case, but the next day, that moron, who happens to be a local political worker, filed a case against my friend for causing the accident and injuries, etc. Be careful dealing with them...

Remember, i adviced you to take full bumper to bumper insurance from outside before booking? you never know what happens the next moment in your life, always be prepared for the worst. Anyway, you ll have to shell out half the painting cost now, and some other charges, taxes, etc. Your NCB will be lost definitely and will have to pay slightly higher premuim next time, atleast for the next renewal, go for the B2B policy. Dont worry about paint quality, kulathunkal does it good, i did it from there and you cant see even slight variation in colour anywhere .
    Hope ratheesh was with you for all kind of support during all these incidents. Wish your beauty a speedy recovery :)
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    varun, painting charges are fully borne by insurance company barring bit of depreciation which will be zero since his car is new.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is the new change which was introduced very recently, a couple of months back. till that, 100% paint cost was borne by the insurance company.. the SVC used to cheat them maximum in that and now they are charging 50% from comprehensive ins customers.
    I confirmed it with both dealer and insurance company when i renewed my insurance last month.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  6. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Very sad to hear that Sanjeev. Dont worry your car will be perfectly alright.
    Just to tell bit of my experience, have claimed insurance back to back even when the first claim was not cleared !! :)
    Though all the incidents were scratches, chrome n headlights damages, fuel tank damage etc. but was quite expensive.
    Most of them by bikes,bus,trucks and once a cycle also. Till date I have claimed double of the premium I have paid so far in 3 years and my car looks always new.
    Whenever an accident happens I feel my investment for the car and its safety is worth. It is all about how you feel.
    Just think if you were in a motorcycle as well or in a maruti 800 when you meet the accident ?
    For this incident of yours what I have to say that "from the first day your inverstment for safety is giving return".
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    This is some news! can't find any info mentioned about this anywhere on the net though.. need to confirm it with bodyshop guys!
  8. Hello folks.. some good news first. Got my car back some days ago. She looks fine. Paintjob done on the door is perfect but the black paint on the window sill looks a bit out of place. There are a couple of small dents and scrapes fter the dealer was done with my car. But I can live with that. Heck, I am just happy to get my car back.
    1 person likes this.
  9. fire_blade

fire_blade

Hey Guys,

I am planning to drive down to Chengannur, Kerala this weekend. As i am going first time by road so please suggest the best route.

Cheers,
    Kapil

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

I have found the following routes, please suggest which one is better -

1. (BLR - Krishnagiri - Salem - Dindigul) NH7 - Then SH 183 Periyakulam - Theni - Thekkady - Pampady - Kottayam

2. BLR - Krishnagiri - Salem - Coimbatore - Palakkad - Thrissur - Cochin - Kottayam
  10. Avoid Coimbatore-Palakkad-Thrissur anyway! Its dreadful!! :thumbs down forget about it...

u may think abt Mysore-Gudalur-Nilambur-Shoranur-Thrissur-EKM-if its day time(Chertala-Aleppey-)or if at night take(Kundannur-Thripunithara bypass-Vaikom-Kumarakom-Kottayam-)-Changanassery.. its the shortest route; shoranur-thrissur may be a bit congested en route. You may opt it depending on the condition of the bangalore-mysore route; as I know the rest is fine from my recent experiences. If you plan the EKM-KTM route make sure u r familiar with the turns or hav a navigation system. Take the aleppey route otherwise as it has very few confusions.

Dont knw abt the TN routes, but would be better for sure...inside TN... but as u enter kerala, the condition of Kumily-Vazhoor stretch(KK road) is a bit bad; manageable though(maybe because I belong to this area and I have no option but to manage it anyway:D).. And if you are coming via Kumily, u need not go to Pampady, u can get to changanassery via karukachal turning left frm vazhoor; its a fantastic road nd shorter by 22kms than goin via KK road and touching MC rd at Kottayam town..
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012