1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the concern, sun!! below is the route which i took. its different from the one mentioned in first post as Route 2.
    The roads were very very bad near the kabini river area around Rajiv Gandhi national park for some 20-30 kms.

While coming back i am planning to come via hunsur. currently i m at thirunelly in kerala.

<iframe width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Bengaluru,+Karnataka,+India&daddr=12.42494,77.23533+to:Mananthavady,+Kerala,+India&geocode=FU_uxQAdw_-fBCltTrTJcBauOzHgT35R6MPf-A%3BFeyWvQAdgoSaBCkh6S10Yv6uOzECcTAunYPXBA%3BFXUotAAdGNCHBClzlHEpu96lOzEb-IS5D5OLug&aq=0&oq=mananth&sll=12.388294,76.802673&sspn=1.41907,2.469177&t=h&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=9&via=1&ie=UTF8&ll=12.388294,76.799927&spn=2.575119,3.515625&z=8&output=embed"></iframe>
    <small>View Larger Map</small>

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Guys, I need an update on the road conditions for the below part of my return journey route:
    <small></small>‚Äč<iframe width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Thirunelli+Temple,+Thirunelly,+Karnataka,+India&daddr=Hunsur,+Karnataka,+India&geocode=FSTCtQAdopqHBCFudr75_Z94uA%3BFSe_uwAdFyiMBCmn3Lk2I4WlOzEsEsGBLuJexQ&aq=0&oq=hunsur&sll=12.222589,76.05423&sspn=0.355001,0.617294&vpsrc=6&t=h&hl=en&mra=ls&ie=UTF8&ll=12.102275,76.14493&spn=0.40369,0.29848&output=embed"></iframe>
    <small>View Larger Map</small>
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Hi Folks,

I am planning a road trip to Surat/Ahmedabad from Pune. Since I am new to Eastern India, I am not aware of the road and traffic conditions of Highways in this part of india.

I am planning to start around 12:00 PM from Pune and take Mumbai-Pune expressway till panvel and then i am confused on which route to take. Is there a good bypass for Ahmedabad road?

Another thing is how is the traffic on this highway and any good eating joints/dhabas that you all can suggest. We are five people travelling this weekend in Honda Civic that includes two kids.
  3. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Friends,

Need some information about the route from Hyderabad to Bhadhrachalam.

I heard of two routes to reach bhadhrachalam i.e. via suryapet & second via warangal.

But need some indepth details about the which route is better? What is the road status? What is the best route? Which route is long?

Also any info on stays available in bhadhrachalam would be much appreciated.

Apart from Rama temple and Parnasala, any other places worth visit in & around bhadhrachalam?

Pour in your inputs. Thanks in advance.
  4. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In Febraury we went to Bhadrachalam in Innova.. distance is around 320 KMs. I suggest take Suryapet Route rather than Warangal.
    Beware of the stretch between Suryapet and Mothe. Road is decent but u find lot of Turns.
    Be cautious between Suryapet and Mothe.

The whole stretch is driven by me . Route will be
    HYDERABAD-> SURYAPET-> KHAMMAM -> WYRA -> KOTHAGUDEM -> PALVANCHA -> BHADRACHALAM
  5. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Shashank! Though late, thanks for the info. I'm back from a weekend trip to bhadhrachalam.

I have taken the same route as proposed to you.

Here is the info. May be useful to somebody else.

Hyderabad to Suryapet -- 4 Lane with meridian. Superb condition. Except some unfinished roads and so the vehicles coming from opposite direction may be travelling on the same side. We have to be cautious here.

Suryapet to Khammam -- 2 Lane. Good condition. A bit narrow and traffic is medium. You also find a toll gate of Rs.10 on this way. The roads is surrounded by trees and so shady too.

Khammam to Kothagudem -- 2 Lane. But roads are not as narrow as Suryapet to Khammam. No meridian. So have to be cautious.

Kothagudem to Bhadhrachalam -- 2 Lane. Narrow roads. Patchy roads. Traffic is too much with autos plying between the small villages. Have to be very careful here.

Bhadhrachalam to Parnasala(also called panchavati) -- 33Kms....2 Lane. Neat clean roads. Lot of turns. The locals says the roads are laid very recently and so the condition is super as of now. Many small villages in between. So be cautious while crossing.

Stops/Food facilities:On the way from Hyderabad to suryapet, one can find a decent stop for food. Hotel riveria/udipi hotel/punjabi hotel. Coming from Hyderabad, it comes on the right side of the road. You have to take 'U' turn and reach the hotel. Nice food. Heavy Breakfast for 3 ppl costs -- Rs.200. Total VFM.

Travelling from Hyderabad, just before reaching Suryapet, you will find a good decent restaurant to the left. Named "7 Star" something like that. Decent food. You have a car washing service at Rs.100.

After suryapet, except some shabby dhabhas, you hardly get any decent & hygene food till khammam.
  6. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats great Nithrath... Yes the parnasala road was recently Laid. I think you would have enjoyed the drive especially Suryapet to Bhadrachalam.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  7. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Yep thats true shashank. I loved the drive through the curvy roads. The handling and steering feedback of Punto made the drive even beautiful through the country sides.

And more than that, the drive from Bhadhrachalam to Parnasala was awesome. I started in the early hours i.e. 6:30AM. The rain had just subdued and the roads were clean and neat. Not even one poth hole or patch. The roads are super curvy here and empty. With greeneries around and calm, man what a drive i had. Though i didnt phase at high speeds, i had a very very memorable relaxed driving.
  8. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Whats ur color of punto.... is it Medium Grey?
  9. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Mine is Bosa Nova White..... whats your color?
  10. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3