1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    New numbering for National Highways.

142896.jpg
    6 people like this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The GQ is now NH48,NH16 and NH19. I hope the old numbers doesn't reappear for some other highways.
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    I was also thinking the same. Previously, NH-72 linked Dehradun and Chandigarh, now it has been renamed NH-7. I read in my Geography textbook, "NH-7 is the longest highway and traverses 2,369km between Varanasi and Kanyakumari." Its not the case now.The new NH numbering seems a bit more "scientific", as the highways are 'straighter' (see NH-53) and numbered in an orderly manner.
  4. cannonera

cannonera Amatore

Bangalore
    All,

This will be First real Long Drive on my Punto! So, excited & equally cautious!
    I have planned to spend a day at 'Bhadra River Camp' in Chickmaglur.
    The route from the website is :
    Bangalore -> Chickmaglur -> Aldur --> Kadabgere -> Balehonnur
    Plan will be start from B'lore by 5am and reach by noon.
    Anyone who has travelled recently can give me some idea about this route.
    Any other suggestions most Welcome!
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi Guys,
    I am planning a trip to Kalpetta, Kerala from Bangalore tomorrow morning. Wanted an update on recent road conditions for the below routes:

Route 1:
    Bengaluru, Karnataka, India to Kalpetta, Kerala, India - Google Maps

Route 2:

Route 3:

I am more interested in trying out Route 3. 1st one is the most common route taken usually. In my previous trips to wayanad, I have taken Route 1 itself. Any updates and comparisons of the three options (road condition and time taken etc) are welcome.
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    shams, 1st route is common and nothing to tell about.
    Route 2 is just a waist to go to Mysore via Kanakpura.

Route 3 is very good option and you must try. Kanakpura Road is normally in good condition ( 2 lane though), lesser traffic and lots of greenery.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I"m not too sure but i've heard that roads near/in/around chamaraja nagar are not good at all.
    Dont have recent updates.. But just a heads up
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Ravi and theblack! most probably i will be going via Route 3, i.e. the kanakapura-chamrajnagar one. have heard that the portion between chamrajnagar and gundlupet is not good in patches but that should be okay..
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I ended up going via route 2 due to last minute change in plans due to the hartal in kerala on saturday and one unwanted occurence. the person who was going to arrange accomodation for me asked me to come to mananthavady instead of kalpetta.

Still I intended to proceed towards chamrajnagar via kanakapura road when just before malavalli the following incident happened:
    one idiot indica cab was following a bus from opposite side which was coming in my lane while the bus was overtaking another vehicle in its lane. The cabs orvm hit punto's right orvm and its glass instantly broke and flew off.

because of this I turned towards mysore from malavalli to get it fixed at URS kars, mysore after confirming that the part was available. got it fixed there for 275 rs and headed to mananthavady from there...
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Shams, Till I finished reading I was thinking of what happened to the vehicle. After knowing that it is ORVM, a big relief.
    How is the road condition. Is this route is via adivaram-sulthanbatheri route?