1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

General Route Query Thread

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by obliex, Jun 21, 2010.

1. iamalpine

iamalpine Timido

Mumbai
    Hi,

I am planning to travel by road and cover Mumbai-Delhi-Shimla-Manali-Leh-Srinagar-Delhi-Mumbai in my Linea TJet Plus in July-Aug this year. I wanted help from all members on the following
    1] What are the spares or accessories that i should plan carrying on this trip with me.
    2] What are the things that i need to check before leaving on this trip.
    3] What are things that i need to check or replace after coming back from this trip. My assumption is that Tyres, Suspension, Brakes, Clutch plates would be worn out after such a trip. Am I missing out something or am I adding to many things.
    4] if my assumption is correct then what is the cost that I should budget to be spent before leaving on this trips to rev up the car and on what. and similarly what are the things that i should budget for after coming back from the trip to bring the car back to the stage from where i started on this journey.
    5] Has anyone in this group done a similar trip before. can you please share your email ID i will like to understand from your experience as well.

Please help all help is sincerely appreciated.

regards,

Ali
  2. Ali ,
    J Ravi Sir of this forum has already done the trip to Leh .. PM him and he will be more than happy to provide all the necessary details .

Ajit
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    True. You will have to check with J Ravi Sir. Are you sure about Jul-Aug? I remember Ravi Sir telling me that Jul-Aug is monsoon time there and better to avoid and the best time would be September.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    No chance of doing manali - rothang in tjet during monsoon, unless you carry it up to rohtang on flat bed. The amount of slush and deep trenches will make linea stucked.

Its wise to higher a SUV/taxi and do the trip
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea did a Leh expedition [via Srinagar] in September 2011. Details are in my travelogue. If you have any further queries, please PM me.
  6. Hi all,

Need your advice on travelling from Mangalore airport to Club Mahindra Coorg. Is it better to pre-book a car or book a taxi at airport?

Thanks
  7. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Better go with airport taxi even though they are slightly expensive..

Indica - 5/6Rs/km
    Logan/Swift - 8Rs/km
  8. @puntosat Thanks for the tip. Hope to have more replies..
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I have seen recently in Google map that NH17 has been given as NH66. But in some portion(Ratnagiri -Mumbai) it is given as NH17.
    Is there similar changes across India. What is the logic behind such changes?
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think NH4 also renamed as NH48.