1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gear stick movement on 3rd and 4th gear

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by thefiatguy, Jul 11, 2014.

1. thefiatguy

thefiatguy Novizio

pune
    Hi Everyone,
    I recently noticed that 3rd and 4th gear the gear stick of my moves slightly forward when I accelerate and moves back to its original position when I release accelerator.
    Is this normal?
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I have observed it too, it's a small play. Maybe it's nothing. Will ask in SC and post back.
  3. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    I too have noticed it with my hand on gear lever. I think it’s a common phenomenon</SPAN>
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Had been to SC today, and guess what? The problem simply won't replicate during TD. :D

However the SA said the kit below the gear lever might need to be changed to fix this small issue and would cost about Rs. 8.5k approx.; he was not sure about the quote. He also said it needed to be checked further, maybe it was also happening due to the gear shifter cable.

If anyone can confirm please suggest why this thing happens..?
  5. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have felt that small nudge in the gear lever from day one. I really never thought it to be an abnormality. But hearing you guys here makes me feel i was wrong. But its been 3 years now and i havent noticed the nudge getting a y worse. It still is same as it was 3 years back. I imagined it was some sort of play. Do share if it really needs attention.
  6. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    I have seen this on many heavy vehicles, and never thought it to be an issue
  7. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

Gear stick movement is due to engine's movement / vibration (counter torque and due to flexible engine mounts) transferred by the gear shift cables.
    That's quite common and nothing to worry about.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It may be common on Punto or Linea, agreed. But not on any Palios or certainly not on Siena D that I use. Not that its seriously bothersome.
  9. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

May be, I'm not sure.
    But experienced this phenomena in my Linea and I do experience the same in Nissan Sunny too
  10. Dinesh Reddy

Dinesh Reddy Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    HI

Facing similar issue on Brand new Linea MJD.

I see rattling noise in gear lever of my new linea MJD Emotion.Even when engine is in Idle and very much audible in 3rd and 4th gears.I have visited couple of service centers.

FASS-1: They told that its common in 2014 make linea cars once fiat find a solution they will rectify it by recalling.

FASS-2: We have identified similar issues in recent past.We will raise a complaint with Fiat,will get once they respond.

Can i know what exactly the problem is and why. It cannot be common problem its more than 6 months from launch of new linea. I expect Fiat would have addresed such issues.