1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

gear shift problem

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sunilmh, Feb 27, 2015.

1. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Mine gear shifting is also creating problem though not too bad.This happened as the monsoon season arrived. I know my clutch is in excellent condition but I think the slotting bush or the plastic ball at the end of the linkage is worn or worst come worst is bend though I have not applied excessive pressure even once.
    i will be visiting the FASS within next 10 days for service so will update if got the information before anyone else
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

If gear cables would have been bad shifting problem would persist with engine switched off.
    Try shifting to reverse gear as soon as you disengage clutch from flywheel after you press clutch pedal and you would hear gear grinding or a thud from GB with little jolt to car. Reverse gear is the first to be effected because it isn't synchronized.
    First of all try bleeding clutch to get rid of any air in the lines.
  3. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Latest driving exp from today. Gears are slotting properly in 3rd/4th/5th gears. Clutch is good enough. No issues.
    After driving 10-12kms, in bumper to bumper traffic I observe that slotting 1st gear is becoming little difficult.
    It slots but feels something is blocking it. No sure why. Out of 20 odd gear changes in all gears, 3 instances on 1st gear change felt mild stiffness. Should I be worried? Dont know.
  4. Abhinav Sharma

Abhinav Sharma Novizio

Grande Punto 1.3
    I am facing the same problem but more on I got this noticeable after and only 60k service where gear oil was changed, earlier there was no problem and when I asked FASS abt this suddenly they smiled and told me to change the clutch. But I don't think so