1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gear Lock

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by RYadav, Dec 8, 2011.

1. RYadav

RYadav

Can i install gear lock in punto active1.3, the dealer told me it is not required and not approved by fiat.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Punto has the Engine Immobilizer feature which means the Engine would not start without the correct key. I don't think you'll need gear locks etc when you have this feature.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No. The immobilizer in FIAT cars is good. The FIAT Code System (FCS) with rolling code is not very easy to crack like those of TATA and Mahindra. The central data base is located in Turin, Italy.

Do you live or park your car at very theft prone areas?

I have surely seen gear lock in Punto anyways. I Think Delhi TFI member Shashanknathani or Dilip_dmk has got the gear lock installed. Not sure if its legal to do that and you need to drill holes IIRC.
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In a lighter vein: Since Punto does not appear to be selling too well, car thieves are also less likely to steal such a car. So, an added layer of security???

Regards
    Johnny
    6 people like this.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I have read somewhere that installing a gear lock requires drilling holes and will void the warranty. So better don't go for that.
  6. mayank

mayank Amatore

well..i have also installed gear lock in my gp!! it doesnt matter to me if it voids the warranty!! i mean atleast engine warranty is still there which is more important..and theres nothing wrong in spending some 1000bucks more where u have spent over 5L for ur beauty :) yaa the only flaw i faced was that i have to keep the seat only at one place cuz if i try to move it then it may tear the seat cover!! but i have already adjusted it to the level i need!! :) so not much worry unless somebody else whose not a 6ft tall is driving :confused:
  7. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I think only thing which can be sold from a theft Punto are tyres..... :) I don't think anybody would apply extra time, logic to take your punto away. They will prefer to park your car on bricks only.....

Or agar le bhi gaye to khud hi de jaynge ki bhai iska koi saman nahi bika , aap hi wapis le lo isko.
    2 people like this.